From 06-19-2011 Sunday Bulletin
Post date: Jun 25, 2011 12:42:29 AM
· HAPPY FATHER’S DAY to all the dads out there! Looks like some of the dads will be going out this afternoon (early evening). Speak to Father during fellowship if you’re interested in a little fun.
· APOSTLES FAST – begins tomorrow (June 20). Fish is allowed with the exception of Wednesday, June 22. Observe it to the best of your ability and make note of the services for Sts. Peter and Paul.
· Tue, June 21 at 6:00pm:8:00pm – PARISH COUNCIL meeting
· Wednesdays at 5:30pm (until July 27) – CONVERSATIONAL GREEK for ALL AGES. Continuing students are using the same Conversational Book as last summer and the class is being taught by Mary Harker. Beginning (new) students need to order the $20 book through Maria Katsiris, who is teaching the beginners’ class starting with the alphabet.
· Saturday, June 25 (3:00pm-5:00pm) - SWORD #2 – Series of Workshops on Orthodox Relationship Development – TOPICS: Implementing the Jesus Prayer curriculum by Bishop Vujisic Tralles and using powerful passages from our Church Fathers and Mothers to quiet the turmoil of our hearts so as to allow for peaceful and merciful interactions with those around us. These workshops are open to all adults, young and young-at-heart, married or not. YOU CAN STILL SIGN-UP TODAY and SWORD #1 will be available to those that missed it.
· PHILOPTOCHOS – Congratulations to the new officers for 2011-2012: Kay Escobedo (President), Tula Margellos (Vice-President), Olga Flaming (Treasurer), Carrol Chipokas (Secretary), and advisor (Helen McDonald). These new officers will assume their duties in September. Next meeting is on September 13th. ALL LADIES are encouraged to sign up for the LADIES’ NIGHT OUT ON TUE, JULY 19th to enjoy some mini-golf, dinner and fellowship. Sign-up list in the church hall.
· 50 IOCC DISASTER HEALTH KITS – Thank you to all of you who have brought your donated items today. We are extending the June 19th deadline till next Sunday, June 26th. We still need donors for 25 hand towels, 13 nail clippers. You can also jot down your name on the sign-up list and Dorothea will contact you about additional needs after she takes an inventory of all received items.
· ORTHODOX SUMMER CAMP – www.campstgeorge.org – Aug 14-20 – Speak to Juliana or Frank Dancer for more details.
· HOPE Event (Tue, June 28 at 7:00pm) – The HOPE group invites anyone who would like to attend the Brucemore Balloon Glow to enjoy watching tethered balloons illuminate the sky and create a kaleidoscope of colors. The cost is $3 for a Freedom Festival button to get in. Bring your own lawn chairs, blankets, and snacks and meet up next to the balloons close to 1st Avenue.
· UPCOMING EVENTS – Sunday School Outing (Sun, July 17), Ladies’ Night Out (Tue, July 19), Vacation Church School (Mon, Aug 1 – Fri, Aug. 5)