From 06-12-2011 Sunday Bulletin
Post date: Jun 17, 2011 4:07:57 PM
· TODAY – Power may cut out today during service but it will be only temporary.
· TODAY – PENTECOST KNEELING PRAYERS will be said after the Divine Liturgy.
· TODAY – The CHILDREN OF ABRAHAM Dialogue is hosted today (2:00pm-4:00pm) by St. George Church. Each faith will have a 20-minute presentation about Moses, Jesus, and Mohammed.
· PHILOPTOCHOS is finalizing this year’s elections this Tuesday, June 14 at 6:30pm. COME.
· Wednesdays at 5:30pm (until July 27) – CONVERSATIONAL GREEK for ALL AGES. Continuing students will be using the same Conversational Book as last summer and the class is being taught by Mary Harker. Beginning (new) students need to order the $20 book through Maria Katsiris, who is teaching the beginners’ class starting with the alphabet. You may sign up in the church hall or just show up on Wednesdays at 5:30pm.
· MESSENGER SUBMISSIONS – The deadline for submissions for the July-August newsletter is WED, JUNE 15. Please send your submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline (not after).
· LONG-RANGE PLANNING COMMITTEE MEETING – Sat, June 18 at 3:00pm-5:00pm –We need better attendance than last time. Please book these couple of hours into your schedules.
· ORTHODOX SUMMER CAMP – www.campstgeorge.org – Aug 14-20 – Speak to Juliana or Frank Dancer for more details. Other camps are available if those dates don’t work for you.
· SPRING DINNER - Please turn in any money from Dinner ticket sales as well as any unsold tickets a.s.a.p. Speak to Regina Christodoulou or Dorothea Allans to see if there is any left over food to buy.
· ALTAR SERVERS & EPISTLE READERS – You can still sign up in the church hall today, if you want to included by Father on the upcoming schedule of epistle readers and altar servers – no experience necessary. Occasional training/meetings will be scheduled soon.
· IOCC DISASTER HEALTH KITS – Our church collected and sent $385.98 to IOCC for the Japan disaster relief efforts. With so many other disasters throughout the world, we are preparing 50 Disaster Health Kits. Please sign your name by the items you’d like to donate, and BRING THEM TO CHURCH BY SUNDAY, JUNE 19. Speak to Dorothea Allans if you have any questions, or if you’d like to help the Service Outreach Committee assemble these kits after the June 19th.
· SWORD #2 – Series of Workshops on Orthodox Relationship Development – MOVED TO SATURDAY, JUNE 25 (3:00pm-5:00pm) - TOPICS: Implementing the Jesus Prayer curriculum by Bishop Vujisic Tralles and using powerful passages from our Church Fathers and Mothers to quiet the turmoil of our hearts so as to allow for peaceful and merciful interactions with those around us. The leader of these workshops, Presbytera Maggie, asks that everyone interested use the Sign-Up List in the church hall. These workshops are open to all adults, young and young-at-heart, married or not.
· June, July, August – 8:30am Orthros; 9:30am Divine Liturgy; 11:00am Fellowship