From 06-03-2012 Sunday Bulletin
Post date: Sep 7, 2012 6:54:14 PM
· SUMMER HOURS – JUNE/JULY/AUGUST – 8:30am Orthros & 9:30am Divine Liturgy
· PAST EVENTS – Our Youth Talent Show for the Senior’s Group was a hit. Thanks to Edie for organizing it and to the talented children who participated. Thank also to Elleni for preparing a wonderful Youth Stewardship Event and to the participating children for putting together such a nice display (see it in the Church Hall). Thank you also to Jessica White who got started on a wonderful Journal Scrap Book of youth activities (also in the church Hall).
· TODAY – PENTECOST KNEELING PRAYERS after the Divine Liturgy. Children will come back upstairs after Sunday School to participate in this service and hear the beautiful prayers.
· TODAY During Fellowship – Fr. Ciprian will share a little bit about his experiences with The Physical Challenge (12-mile obstacle course to support wounded soldiers) and The Spiritual Challenge of intense prayer using the Jesus Prayer. He also invites anyone interested in participating in the upcoming similar (but not as severe) challenges (July) in support for St. Jude Hospital and their extensive research for children with cancer to let him know during fellowship today.
· TODAY – WOMEN’S SILENT RETREAT will take place at Prairiewoods from 2:00pm to 5:00pm. If you did not already RSVP but are interested to participate, speak to Presbytera Maggie during Fellowship.
· Fr. Ciprian will be out of state on vacation (Tue, June 5 – Mon, June 18). For emergencies, call use the number in the header of the Sunday Bulletin.
· Sat, June 9 – 5:30pm Great Vespers
· Sun, June 10 – 8:30am Orthros; 9:30am Divine Liturgy; 11:00am Fellowship by Frank & Juliana
· Volunteering at the REC Center in Iowa City for the Swimming State Championships may earn our church some monetary benefits. Please speak with Harry Kitsos for more details if you are interested.
· Laryssa Klein invites anyone interested in how she is doing during her 2012 Summer Mission Trip to Hogar Rafael Ayau Orphanage in Guatemala to follow her blog at http://laryssamarie.wordpress.com – this orphanage houses and provides for approximately 60 children (infancy to 18+ years old) who have been either abandoned, orphaned, mistreated, or abused.
· SUNDAY SCHOOL – The last day of Sunday School Classes & Graduation Day will be June 10th. Hymnology Classes will begin on June 17th and end at the end of July. Please register with Maria Katsiris or email at email@example.com if your child would like to participate.
· Opportunity for Time and Talents: Michael Christodoulou is spearheading some much needed work around the church facilities (electrical work, installing fire exit signs, repairing certain items, painting, etc.). Help is needed, please speak to him if you are interested in helping out.
· The Messenger deadline is June 15. Please send your announcements to firstname.lastname@example.org
· OTHER UPCOMING EVENTS: Seniors’ Event in Swisher (Tue, June 26), HOPE Brucemore Baloon Glow (Tue, June 26), Men’s Night Out (Fri, June 29). Details about these and other events will be forthcoming.