From 05-29-2011 Sunday Bulletin
Post date: May 30, 2011 2:06:15 PM
· MEMORIAL DAY (Mon, May 30) – 10:00am Trisagion & Blessing of Graves at the Cemetery
· Tue, May 31 at 6:30pm – PHILOPTOCHOS MEETING AND ELECTIONS of new officers. This is the second attempt due to no quorum the first time, so ladies… Please make every effort show up this Tuesday.
· Wed, June 1 – 3:00pm Meeting for SERVICE OUTREACH – This committee has organized 5 different service outreach opportunities. Please read the Service Outreach Opportunities flyer/print-out, then choose one or more of the ministries that appeals to you, and then speak to the corresponding contact person. We hope to finalize who is interested in what a.s.a.p. so as to initiate these ministries.
· Wed, June 1 – GREEK SCHOOL – 4:30pm LAST Children’s Class & 5:30pm LAST Adult Class
· Wednesdays, June 8 until July 27 at 5:30pm – CONVERSATIONAL GREEK for ALL AGES and levels
· Wed, June 1 – 5:30pm VESPERS for HOLY ASCENSION
· Thu, June 2 – HOLY ASCENSION – 9:00am Orthros & 10:00am Divine Liturgy
· Sat, June 4 at 11:00am – HOPE sponsored PARISH EVENT – Our HOPE group invites all parishioners for a barbeque and an afternoon of outdoor fun at the residence of Nicky and Joe Wright (3198 75th street, Norway, IA). Bring any dried up blessed palm crosses, bay leaves, flowers (etc.) to burn in the liturgical bon fire. We need an accurate head-count for food, so be sure to SIGN UP IN THE CHURCH HALL and/or speak with Elleni Huerter or Nicki Wright whether you’ll be bringing a side dish or snack to share. Feel free to bring your own lawn chairs or outdoor fun equipment; you can also pitch a tent on their premises over Friday night.
· Sat, June 4 – 5:30pm Great Vespers
· Sun, June 5 – 8:30am Orthros; 9:30am Divine Liturgy; 11:00am Fellowship (UNTIL AUGUST 28)
· ALTAR SERVERS & EPISTLE READERS – As of the next Newsletter issue, Fr. Ciprian will start scheduling the altar boys/servers and epistle readers ahead of time. You MUST sign up BEFORE the end of May. Occasional training or meetings will be scheduled soon based on everyone’s convenience.
· ORTHODOX SUMMER CAMP – www.campstgeorge.org – Aug 14-20 – Speak to Juliana or Frank for more details. Other camps are available if those dates don’t work for you.
· High School Graduation Parties - Michael Khouri (Monday, May 30 @ 4:00pm-8:00pm) & Jack Frank (Saturday, June 11 @ 1:00pm-5:00pm). Both high school graduates are inviting everyone to celebrate.
· SPRING DINNER - Please turn in any money from Dinner ticket sales as well as any unsold tickets a.s.a.p.
· MESSENGER SUBMISSIONS – The deadline for submissions for the July-August newsletter is June 15. Please send your submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org before the deadline if possible.