From 05-27-2012 Sunday Bulletin
Post date: Sep 7, 2012 6:52:45 PM
· TODAY – 40-day Presentation of Harley Gianna Hadjis and Churching of Jasmine Velez.
· TODAY – NO Sunday School. Classes will resume on June 3rd. The last day of Sunday School Classes & Graduation Day will be June 10th. Hymnology Classes will begin on June 17th and end at the end of July. Please register with Maria Katsiris or email at firstname.lastname@example.org if your child would like to participate.
· TODAY – Memorial Service (3-year) for Nadina’s father Mihai. Memory eternal & may his soul rest in peace.
· TODAY – Fellowship hour prepared by the Moscrips and Terzopoulous is in honor of Maria Terzopoulou’s Graduation from Mt. Mercy University. Part of her Exhibit “Byzantine Aegina: Faces of the Mother of God” is on display in the Church Hall.
· CONGRATULATIONS also to Jennifer Rieck for completing her Nursing Degree and to our High School Graduates: Kassiani Kelleher and Robert Chiafos. Sorry if mistakenly somebody is omitted.
· Mon, May 28 – Memorial Day – 10:00am Trisagion & Blessing of Graves at cemetery
· The Physical Challenge of the 12-mile obstacle course to support wounded soldiers and the Spiritual Challenge of intense prayer using the Jesus Prayer have now both been completed in two consecutive Saturdays and lasted 4 hours and 14 minutes each. Fr. Ciprian thanks everyone for all the kind words of both support and encouragement and certainly for your prayers (especially on Sat, May 19); he plans to share with everyone more details (pictures, videos, lessons learned, & thoughts) about both of these experiences and their connectedness (similarities and differences) next Sunday (June 3) during Fellowship. He also invites anyone interested in participating in the upcoming similar (but not as severe) challenges (July) in support for St. Jude Hospital and their extensive research for children with cancer, to contact him a.s.a.p. since most details will need to be worked out before Fr. Ciprian leaves for vacation (Tue, June 5 – Mon, June 18).
· Sat, June 2 – Saturday of Souls – 8:30 Orthros; 10:30am Divine Liturgy; 11:00am Memorial Service w/ names
· Sat, June 2 – 2:30pm-4:00pm YOUTH TALENT SHOW for our Seniors’ Group. Speak with Edie or Pre. Maggie for entering your child in this talent show.
· Sat, June 2 – 4:15pm-5:15pm YOUTH STEWARDSHIP EVENT: Following the Apostles Example – Please read the Messenger or speak to Elleni Huerter for more details and/or to RSVP.
· Sat, June 2 – 5:30pm Great Vespers
· SUMMER HOURS – JUNE/JULY/AUGUST – 8:30am Orthros & 9:30am Divine Liturgy (weekdays too)
· Sun, June 3 – 8:30am Orthros; 9:30am Divine Liturgy & Kneeling Prayers; 11:00am Fellowship & Fr. Ciprian’s video brief pictures and videos presentation about the Physical/Spiritual Challenges
· Sun, June 3 – 2:00pm-5:00pm WOMEN’S SILENT RETREAT & REFLECTIONS – Presbytera Maggie, who will be conducting this Retreat, will hand out invitations to all of our ladies today – please sign your name on the Sign-up sheet if you’ll be participating. This Retreat will take place at Prairiewoods between 2:00pm-5:00pm. Full sponsorship is already in place so there is no cost to the participants, but we are looking for volunteer dads to help Fr. Ciprian babysit the kids who need to be looked after during the retreat.
· Volunteering at the REC Center in Iowa City for the Swimming State Championships may earn our church some monetary benefits. Please speak with Harry Kitsos for more details if you are interested.
· Laryssa Klein invites anyone interested in how she is doing during her 2012 Summer Mission Trip to Hogar Rafael Ayau Orphanage in Guatemala to follow her blog at http://laryssamarie.wordpress.com – this orphanage houses and provides for approximately 60 children (infancy to 18+ years old) who have been either abandoned, orphaned, mistreated, or abused.
· OTHER UPCOMING EVENTS: Seniors’ Event in Swisher (Tue, June 26), HOPE Brucemore Baloon Glow (Tue, June 26), Men’s Night Out (Fri, June 29). Details about these and other events will be forthcoming.