From 05-22-2011 Sunday Bulletin
Post date: May 24, 2011 8:13:34 PM
· SUNDAY SCHOOL – TODAY is the Last Day of Sunday School Classes (after Holy Communion), Graduation/Awards ceremony (after the Divine Liturgy) and the last Sunday School Teacher Meeting for this school year (after fellowship). The Sunday School would like to Congratulate ALL graduates, Sunday School, High School and College. Best Wishes.
· PHILOPTOCHOS – There was not a quorum this past Tue, May 17th at 6:30pm so the elections are being postponed to Tue, May 31st at 6:30pm. Current Philoptochos members should speak to Helen McDonald or Kay Escobedo to make sure your Philoptochos stewardship has been paid for the current year and please consider accepting a nomination to a Philoptochos office at the next meeting.
· Wed, May 25 – GREEK SCHOOL – 4:30pm Children’s Class; 5:30pm Adult Class
· Sat, May 28 – 5:30pm Great Vespers
· Sun, May 29 – 9:00am Orthros; 10:00am Divine Liturgy; 11:30am Fellowship
· Mon, May 30 – MEMORIAL DAY – 10:00am Trisagion & Blessing of Graves at Cemetery
· SERVICE OUTREACH – This committee has organized 5 different service outreach opportunities. Please read the Service Outreach Opportunities flyer/print (included with the Sunday Bulletin), then choose one or more of the ministries that appeals to you, and then speak to the corresponding contact person. We hope to finalize who is interested in what a.s.a.p. so as to initiate these ministries.
· ALTAR SERVERS & EPISTLE READERS – As of the next Newsletter issue, Fr. Ciprian will start scheduling the altar boys/servers and epistle readers ahead of time. You MUST sign up BEFORE the end of May. Occasional training or meetings will be scheduled soon based on everyone’s convenience.
· SUMMER HOURS – June-August – Sunday Services – 8:30am Orthros & 9:30am Divine Liturgy
· HOPE sponsored PARISH EVENT – Our HOPE group invites all parishioners for a barbeque and an afternoon of outdoor fun at the residence of Nicky and Joe Wright. Bring any dried up palm crosses, bay leaves (etc.) to burn in the liturgical bon fire. We need an accurate head-count for food , so be sure to sign up.
· ORTHODOX SUMMER CAMP – www.campstgeorge.org – Aug 14-20 – Speak to Juliana or Frank for more details. Other camps are available if those dates don’t work for you.