From 05-13-2012 Sunday Bulletin
Post date: May 22, 2012 11:57:53 PM
· TODAY – Happy Mother’s Day! Carnations will be handed out to all mothers our children.
· TODAY – 6:00pm-7:00pm – Maria Terzopoulou will have on display an Exhibit for her senior thesis titled “Byzantine Aegina: Faces of the Mother of God” at the Janalyn Hanson White Art Gallery on the Campus of Mount Mercy University in Cedar Rapids, IA. All are invited. Congratulations Maria.
· Mon, May 14 – Fr. Ciprian doing visitations and offering communion to home-bound parishioners
· Tue, May 15 – 5:30pm-6:30pm Adult Religious Education Class
· Tue, May 15 – 6:30pm-8:30pm Parish Council Meeting
· Wed, May 16 – 4:30pm Children’s Greek School & 6:00pm Adult Greek School
· Sat, May 19 – 5:30pm Great Vespers (Typika by Chanters)
· Sat, May 19 – Fr. Ciprian taking Vacation Day. For emergencies, call 804-8502.
· A Physical Exercise & Challenge (Running an Obstacle Course) – Fr. Ciprian, together with a couple of his brothers, another Orthodox priest from our Metropolis, and a few other Orthodox faithful, will be running a race in the Twin Cities to raise funds for wounded warriors. While this physical challenge of personal discipline to train and run this 10-12 mile obstacle course is really not that difficult when objectively compared to the Orthodox challenge of a true spiritual journey of Great Lent, your prayers for the well-being and successful completion of all his team members are appreciated J --- A Spiritual Exercise & Challenge (Praying “The Jesus Prayer” – Sat, May 26, 9:00am) – A week after the physical challenge of the race, Fr. Ciprian invites any adult of our parish to join him in a spiritual exercise and challenge of praying “The Jesus Prayer” for as long as it took him to run the course. This will take somewhere in the vicinity of 4 hours – the exact time duration will be announced on Sun, May 20th.
· Sun, May 20 – 9:00am Orthros; 10:00am Divine Liturgy; 11:30am Fellowship Barbulescu & Warner
· Mon, May 28 – 10:00am Memorial Service & Blessing of Graves at Cemetery (not in Newsletter)
· OTHER UPCOMING EVENTS: Youth Stewardship (Sat, June 2), Silent Retreat & Reflection for the Ladies of our Church (Sun, June 3); Seniors’ Event in Swisher (Tue, June 26), HOPE Brucemore Baloon Glow (Tue, June 26), Men’s Night Out (Fri, June 29). Details about these and other events will be forthcoming.
· THE SPRING GREEK DINNER another success with about 720 meals served. Thank you to all of you that helped by selling tickets and/or working at the event. Please remember to return any income from ticket sales and all unsold tickets as soon as possible. There are some leftover items for sale (gyros, pita bread, olives, feta & pastries). If you are interested speak with Michael during fellowship.