From 05-08-2011 Sunday Bulletin
Post date: May 10, 2011 3:21:12 PM
· TODAY – HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY – Our Sunday School students will be handing out flowers to all the ladies in honor of Mother’s Day.
· NEXT SUNDAY – SPRING GRECIAN DINNER – May 15 - 11am-7pm - Scottish Rite – There still are positions open for working, so please sign up TODAY. IMPORTANT NOTICE: We CANNOT find the Baklava Pans, so if you borrowed them or have any idea where they might be, talk to Regina Christodoulou or Eleonora Rieck a.s.a.p. All pastries should be brought to Church on Saturday, May 14th at 4:30pm.
· NEXT SUNDAY (May 15) – EARLY SERVICES – 8:30am Orthros & 9:30am Divine Liturgy (This earlier time will allow everyone to still attend church on the morning of the Spring Dinner and even make it just in time for an 11am shift without a gap of waiting in-between.
· SUNDAY SCHOOL – There will be NO Sunday School Classes next Sunday, May 15th due to the Spring Grecian Dinner. The Last Day of Sunday School Classes is on May 22nd after Holy Communion. The year-end graduation ceremony is after the Divine Liturgy on May 22nd to recognize our graduates, continuing students and teachers. The last teacher meeting for the year is on May 22nd after fellowship. If any student or teacher is unable to attend the year-end graduation ceremony please notify Maria Katsiris.
· Fr. Ciprian will be at the Metropolis Clergy Retreat from Mon (May 9th) to Friday (May 13). For emergencies during this time please call 319-804-8502.
· PHILOPTOCHOS – The May Meeting which is when the elections for the new officers will take place is on Tue, May 17th at 6:30pm (not May 10th). Current Philoptochos members should speak to Helen McDonald or Kay Escobedo to make sure your Philoptochos stewardship has been paid for the current year and please consider accepting a nomination to a Philoptochos office at the next meeting.
· PARISH COUNCIL – Meeeting is at 6:30pm on Thursday, May 18th (NOT May 11th)
· GREEK SCHOOL – 4:30pm Children’s Class; 5:30pm Adult Class
· BAKLAVA CLASS – Thu, May 12 at 4:00pm-5:30pm – Eleonora Rieck will teach how to make Baklava and everyone will help make 8 pans of baklava for the Spring Grecian Dinner. It will undoubtedly be fun evening; the more the merrier.
· Sat, May 14th – 4:00pm Service Outreach Committee Metting
· SENIORS’ EVENT – TAST OF THE ORIENT – Tue, May 17 12noon-2:00pm – Our Seniors’ Group will meet for lunch at Oyama Sushi Japanese Steak House (5350 Council St., NE.) at 12pm(noon) to enjoy some traditional Japanese food being prepared in an entertaining way right before our eyes. Our guest speaker will be Margaret Cheng, who is a native of China, and will be giving a talk on the customs and culture of her homeland. Due to limited seating, this event will be first-come-first-served; RSVP with Edie Yerington as soon as possible.
· SUMMER HOURS – June-August – Sunday Services – 8:30am Orthros & 9:30am Divine Liturgy