From 05-06-2012 Sunday Bulletin
Post date: May 22, 2012 11:56:50 PM
· TODAY (11am-7pm) – SPRING GRECIAN DINNER – Please come and help. See you there.
· Mon, Apr. 30 – 7:00pm-8:00pm Stewardship Committee Meeting
· Mon-Thu, May 7-10 – Fr. Ciprian will be at Metropolis Clergy Retreat in Lake Geneva, WI. For emergencies, call 319-804-8502.
· Tue, May 8 – 5:30pm-6:30pm NO Adult Religious Education Class
· Tue, May 8 – 6:30pm Philoptochos Meeting
· Wed, May 9 – 4:30pm Children’s Greek School & 6:00pm Adult Greek School
· Sat, May 12 – 2:30pm YOUTH TALENT SHOW for the Seniors’ Group. Please speak with Edie Yerington if your child would like to be part of this talent show for our Seniors.
· Sat, May 12 – 5:30pm Great Vespers
· Sun, May 13 – 9:00am Orthros; 10:00am Divine Liturgy; 11:30am Fellowship by Olga & Tom F.
· Sun, May 13 – 6:00pm-7:00pm – Maria Terzopoulou will have on display an Exhibit for her senior thesis titled “Byzantine Aegina: Faces of the Mother of God” on Sunday, May 13 (6:00pm-7:00pm) at the Janalyn Hanson White Art Gallery on the Campus of Mount Mercy University in Cedar Rapids.
· Tue, May 15 – 5:30pm-6:30pm Adult Religious Education
· Wed, May 16 – 4:30pm Children’s Greek School & 6:00pm Adult Greek School
· Sat, May 19 – 5:30pm Great Vespers
· Sun, May 20 – 9:00am Orthros; 10:00am Divine Liturgy; 11:30am Fellowship Barbulescu & Warner
· A Physical Exercise & Challenge (Running an Obstacle Course – Sat, May 19) – Fr. Ciprian, together with a couple of his brothers, another Orthodox priest from our Metropolis, and a few other Orthodox faithful, will be running a race in the Twin Cities to raise funds for wounded warriors. While this physical challenge of personal discipline to train and run this 10-12 mile obstacle course is really not that difficult when objectively compared to the Orthodox challenge of a true spiritual journey of Great Lent, your prayers for the well-being and successful completion of all his team members are appreciated J --- A Spiritual Exercise & Challenge (Praying “The Jesus Prayer” – Sat, May 26, 9:00am) – A week after the physical challenge of the race, Fr. Ciprian invites any adult of our parish to join him in a spiritual exercise and challenge of praying “The Jesus Prayer” for as long as it took him to run the course. This will take somewhere in the vicinity of 4 hours – the exact time duration will be announced on Sun, May 20th.
· OTHER UPCOMING EVENTS: Youth Stewardship (Sat, June 2), Seniors’ Event in Swisher (Tue, June 26), HOPE Brucemore Baloon Glow (Tue, June 26), Men’s Night Out (Fri, June 29). Details about these and other events will be forthcoming.