From 04-29-2012 Sunday Bulletin
Post date: May 22, 2012 11:55:57 PM
· TODAY – SPRING PARISH/GENERAL ASSEMBLY immediately after Fellowship. Everyone is encouraged to stay. Eligible voters should stay until the end of the meeting and participate.
· TODAY – SPRING GRECIAN DINNER is next Sunday, May 6 (11am-7pm). There still are plenty of volunteer positions open, SO PLEASE SIGN-UP TODAY and continue to do the best you can with ticket sales this week as well. Eleonora may still contact you for help with pastries donations and/or preparation.
· Mon, Apr. 30 – 7:00pm-8:00pm Stewardship Committee Meeting
· Tue, May 1 – 9:00am IOCCA Meeting
· Tue, May 1 – 2:00pm-5:00pm Office Work HELP – Please let Fr. Ciprian know if you’ll be able to come help him with Office Related Work such as filing, organizing, label making, etc. NOTE: You won’t be expected to stay for the whole 3 hours; just let Fr. know when you can come and how long you can stay.
· Tue, May 1 – 5:30pm-6:30pm Adult Orthodox Education Class
· Wed, May 2 – 4:30pm Children’s Greek School & 5:00pm Adult Greek School
· Thu, May 3 – 3:00pm Making of Baklava. Come and help/learn!
· Fri, May 4 – 3:00pm Making of Kourambiedes (powdered sugar cookies). Come and help/learn!
· Sat, May 5 – 1pm/3pm/5:30pm HOPE invites all to the TULIP FESTIVAL in Pella, IA – We will leave church at 1:00pm and drive to Pella for the 3:00pm TULIP FESTIVAL parade and celebrations. Great Vespers will con-celebrated at 5:30pm at St. Nicholas Orthodox Church in Pella, IA together with Fr. Bartholomew and Fr. Basil and parishioners from all 3 parishes.
· Sat, May 5 – 3:00pm-5:00pm – Setting Up for Grecian Dinner at the Scottish Rite Temple. Please let Michael C. know if you’ll be able to help him. This will make Sunday morning set-up a little easier.
· Sat, May 5 – 5:00pm PASTRIES preparation at Church. All pastries made at home should be brought to church so that they can be placed in proper paper cups for Sunday.
· Sat, May 5 – VESPERS are con-celebrated in Pella, IA. For those who cannot come, but would like to attend Vespers in Cedar Rapids, please note that Vespers at St. George start at 5:00pm.
· Sun, May 6 – 8:30pm Orthros & 9:30am Divine Liturgy (HALF HOUR EARLIER b/c of Dinner)
· Mon-Thu, May 7-10 – Fr. Ciprian will be at Metropolis Clergy Retreat in Lake Geneva, WI. For emergencies, call 319-804-8502.
· Tue, May 8 – 6:30pm Philoptochos Meeting
· Sat, May 12 – 2:30pm YOUTH TALENT SHOW for the Seniors’ Group. Please speak with Edie Yerington if your child would like to be part of this talent show for our Seniors.