From 04-15-2012 Sunday Bulletin
Post date: May 22, 2012 11:54:16 PM
• SUNDAY SCHOOL MISSION COIN BOX DRIVE is EXTENDED till Thomas Sunday in an attempt to help our children meet their goal of $300 (last year we raised over $350). If they reach their goal, the children will receive an ice cream treat during Sunday School. Ask Maria Katsiris for a Box if you don’t have one already.
• TODAY – 11:30am Agape Vespers and Children’s Easter Egg Hunt. This is a very fun event for the children. Please bring wrapped candy, plastic eggs (to hide the candy with) and place them in the decorated box above the coat rack. Parents, remember to bring goody bags for the children’s candy.
• Sign-Up for Time/Talents/Treasure: Holy Week Myrrhbearers and Altar Servers, Flower Donations, Spring Greek Dinner (May 6th Volunteer Workers)
• Mon, Apr. 16 – Messenger Deadline – Please start to plan your events for May-June now.
• Tue, Apr. 17 – 5:30pm-6:30pm Adult Orthodox Education Class
• Tue, Apr. 17 – 6:30pm Parish Council Meeting
• Fri, Apr. 20 – BRIGHT LUNCH AT BIAGGI’S – 12noon-2:00pm – Following the morning services, the Seniors’ Group will celebrate with a Renewal Lunch at Biaggi’s Wine Room. This event is open to non-seniors too, but you must RSVP with Edie Yerington ahead of time due to limited reservation spaces.
• Sun, Apr. 22 – 4:00pm Vespers for St. George in Des Moines, IA – Our sister church and our very own Fr. Basil Hickman invite us for Vespers and Fellowship over Refreshments at St. George in Des Moines.
• Mon, Apr. 23 – St. George – 9:00am Divine Liturgy will be con-celebrated at St. George Church who invited us to celebrate their Feast Day by also joining together for Brunch after the Divine Liturgy
• Sat, Apr. 28 – 3:30pm-5:00pm – LONG-RANGE PLANNING MEETING – It’s been a little while since the last meeting and a special plea goes to all the committee members to book this time into your schedule and come to this meeting. Your participation is important and much needed.
• Sun, Apr. 29 – SPRING PARISH/GENERAL ASSEMBLY – As already specified, the List of Eligible Voters included in the mailing that just went out was current as of 3-25-2012 (last Sunday of 1st Quarter); thus, even Apr. 1st stewardship donations were not included. If your name is not on the list, DO NOT WORRY, the list is only a reminder to us all to be sure that we have no prior year balances and that we are pledged and 25% paid for the current year (according to Parish Bylaws). There still is another 20 days until the Parish Assembly. We didn’t want to have to worry about this mailing during the busy time of Holy Week. Updated list will be posted.
• May 6 – SPRING GREEK DINNER – Do the best you can with Ticket Sales and Sign-up for volunteering positions. The Greek Pastries will be made on Thu&Fri, May 3&4 starting at 3:00pm. Thursday will be dedicated to making Baklava and Friday to kourambiedes (powdered sugar cookies). We need a lot of help please. Eleonora will contact for donations and preparation (also a great way to learn how to make the pastries).