From 04-10-2011 Sunday Bulletin
Post date: Apr 12, 2011 12:49:33 AM
· TODAY – Congratulations to Steven Miller on his baptism. Godfather is Dean Nicholas.
· TODAY – PAN-ORTHODOX SOLEMN VESPERS at 5:30pm hosted by us at St. John’s – Let’s end this series of Pan-Orthodox services with excellent attendance as in previous Sundays.
· EARTHQUAKE AND TSUNAMI IN JAPAN – Special prayer and Divine Liturgy petitions have been included in our worship; please remember those suffering in your personal prayers as well. If you’d like to still donate for this cause, just be sure to write “Japan” in the memo line.
· May-June MESSENGER DEADLINE (TOMORROW - Mon, April 11th) – 4 days EARLY due to the blessed business of Holy Week. Please submit to email@example.com NO LATER than MIDNIGHT TOMORROW. If you still need to speak with Father, do so TODAY OR TOMORROW MORNING.
· PASCHA/EASTER EGG HUNT – Please bring wrapped candy or empty/full plastic Easter eggs for the Easter Egg Hunt that will take place on Pascha after the Agape Services. We will be assembling eggs on Sat, April 23rd after the morning Divine Liturgy. There is a box labeled Easter Candy in the church hall.
· Mon, Apr. 11 at 12noon-2:30pm – SENIORS’ Project ART Event – After lunch in the church hall, Joyce Summerwill (former director of the Project ART program at UIHC) will give a presentation about the development of the first in the nation ART Program at the U of I Hospital. Please let Edie know if you’re coming and if you prefer to bring your own Brown Bag Lunch or order one from Jimmy John’s for $7.50. A recommended $2 or less per person (based on attendance) should cover the gift for our presenter.
· Mon, Apr. 11 – 6:00pm Parish Council Meeting
· Tue, Apr. 12 – 6:30pm Philoptochos Meeting – We are in need of increased involvement in the administrative part of Philoptochos. And since elections are coming up, existing Philoptochos members are encouraged to consider serving as officers.
· Wed, Apr. 13 – GREEK SCHOOL – 4:30pm-5:20pm Children’s Greek School
· Wed, Apr. 13 – 5:30pm PreSanctified Liturgy; 6:45pm Meal; 7:15-8:30pm Religious Education
· Thu, Apr.14 – 6:00pm Adult Greek School
· Fri, Apr. 15 – 5:30pm Lazarus Saturday Vespers and “JOY & GOYA LENTEN RETREAT: Chronicles of Narnia” for children ages 8-18. Lenten meal will be served; speak to Frank or Juliana if you’re interested to help. Grab the flyer and let Frank or Juliana know TODAY if your children will come.
· Sat, Apr. 16 – LAZARUS SATURDAY – 9:00am Orthros & 10:00am Divine Liturgy followed by…
BRUNCH & CHURCH PREPARATION AND CLEANUP FOR HOLY WEEK AND PASCHA – Both brunch and lunch will be provided by the church, so there is no need to bring any food – just bring yourselves and willingness to work and enjoy serving the Lord by working for the Church.
· Sat, Apr. 16 – 5:30pm Great Vespers
· Sun, Apr. 17 – Palm Sunday - 9:00am Orthros; 10:00am Divine Liturgy; 11:30am SUNDAY SCHOOL FISH LUNCHEON
· Sun, Apr. 17 – 7:00pm Nymphios/Bridegroom Matins
· SPRING PARISH ASSEMBLY – Sunday, May 1st – A list of Eligible Voters is posted in the Church Hall. Please check to be sure your name is on it. If not, speak to Fr. Ciprian or Nicole Wright.
· SIGN-UP for OPPORTUNITIES to offer of your TIME, TALENTS, OR TREASURY: 1. Lenten Flower Donations for Lenten Services, 2. Liturgical Covers for Altar and other (Philoptochos), 3. Lazarus Saturday Clean-Up, 4. Palm Sunday Fish Luncheon (Sun, Apr. 17) – Contact Person: Elleni Huerter, 5. Spring Greek Dinner (May 15).
· Sat, Apr. 30 – 3:00pm-5:00pm Long-Term Planning Committee Meeting
· Fr. Ciprian will be on Vacation (visiting family in Las Vegas) from Mon, Apr.25 to Fri, Apr. 29.
· Mon, Apr. 25 – Feast of St. George – Our faithful are invited to celebrate the Feast of St. George Antiochian Church in Cedar Rapids has asked us to join them in the celebrations for the Feast of St. George on Monday, Apr. 25th. The Divine Liturgy starts at 9:00am and food and fellowship will follow.