From 03-25-2012 Sunday Bulletin
Post date: May 22, 2012 11:51:23 PM
· TODAY – A program for Greek Independence Day will be presented by our Greek School Students in the Church Hall right before Fellowship.
· TODAY – 5:30pm PAN-ORTHODOX LENTEN VESPERS & Fellowship will be in St. Demetrios Church (613 W. 4th Street, Waterloo, IA 50702)
· Diana Erceg, sister of Angie Panagos and Mary Moscrip, fell asleep in the Lord yesterday morning in Tucson, AZ. Her funeral will be here at St. John’s in Cedar Rapids this Friday, March 23 at 11:00am.
· Mon, Mar. 26 – Fr. Ciprian doing parishioner visitations in homes and nursing homes.
· Tue, Mar. 27 – Fr. Ciprian’s DAY OFF will be this Tuesday instead of Thursday (this week only)
· Wed, Mar. 28 – 1:30pm-3:00pm Visitations at Living Center West. We are looking to increase our visitations team; speak to Elleni Huerter.
· Wed, Mar. 28 – 4:30pm Children’s Greek School
· Wed, Mar. 28 – 5:30pm PreSanctified Liturgy, 7:00pm Lenten Meal by Mary Moscrip and Pres. Deann, 7:30pm-8:30pm Orthodox Education Class (NOTE: Little help for cleanup is appreciated)
· Thu, Mar. 29 – 6:00pm-7:00pm Adult Greek School (On Thursdays until after Pascha)
· Fri, Mar. 30 – 5:30pm-6:30pm 4th Salutations to the Theotokos Service
· Sat, Mar. 24 - 4:15pm-5:15pm YOUTH STEWARDSHIP - Using Our Three T's During Lent – Our youth (ages 3-18) will meet at church for an hour of lively discussion and activities. We will be exploring the giving of our Time, Talents and Treasure during the unique season of Lent. Parents are encouraged to stay to be a guide for your children. Contact Elleni Huerter for more details.
· Sat, Mar. 24 – 5:30pm Annunciation Vespers
· Sun, Mar. 25 – Holy Annuciation – 9:00am Orthros; 10:00am Divine Liturgy; 11:30am Fellowship by Michelle and John Bayouth.
· Sun, Mar. 25 – 5:30pm PAN-ORTHODOX LENTEN VESPERS hosted by St. Demetrios in Waterloo, IA (613 W 4th St, Waterloo)
· FLOWER DONATIONS – Distinct to Great Lent are our efforts to beautify our worship through the decoration of icons and other holy objects with flowers. The Sign-up list in the Church Hall.
· RAGBRAI (July 22-28) FUNDRAISER – Ragbrai stops in Cedar Rapids on July 26 and this would be a great opportunity to raise funds for the church but we NEED enough people who are willing to organize this before we can commit. So speak to Michael Christodoulou ASAP.
· NEEDS: Prosforo and volunteers to help sponsor the PanOrthodox Lenten Vespers on Sun, Mar. 17.
· TIME & TALENTS toward FUNDRAISING: The SPRING GREEK DINNER tickets will be distributed today. If you don’t receive any or need more after selling these, speak to Michael. The Sign-Up Form for volunteer positions is in the church hall. The first RAGBRAI fundraiser organizing meeting is today during fellowship. Talk to Michael if interested.
· PHILOPTOCHOS – The Holy Cross Luncheon raised $351.00 to support Hellenic College Holy Cross Seminary. REMINDER: Philoptochos dues are due. Speak to Kay Escobedo or Olga Flaming.