From 03-11-2012 Sunday Bulletin
Post date: May 22, 2012 11:48:43 PM
· CONGRATULATIONS to Adam Hadjis and Jasmine Velez who, as of yesterday, are engaged.
· TODAY – Memorial Service for Iosif, Maria Canas’ grandfather. May his soul rest in peace and his memory be eternal.
· TODAY – 4:00pm in Dubuque – Pan-Orthodox HOPE Event – The HOPE group invites everyone to leave Cedar Rapids together at 3:00pm and meet with youth from St. Elias Church at Dubuque's Heitkemp Planetarium located on the Loras College campus. The 4:00pm planetarium star show focused on Greek Mythology ($1 admission) will end around 5:00pm and give us enough time to make it to the Pan-Orthodox Lenten Vespers which begins at 5:30pm at St. Elias Greek Orthodox Church.
· TODAY – 5:30pm PAN-ORTHODOX LENTEN VESPERS & Fellowship at St. Elias Church in Dubuque (1075 Rockdale Road, Dubuque IA 52003)
· TODAY – SUNDAY SCHOOL – OCMC Fundraiser - Thank you to all who helped 'seed' our OCMC fundraiser last week. We raised a little over $103. The children will have 3 more weeks to raise $300. Palm Sunday Fish Luncheon - During the last week the Sunday School staff and families have signed up (over email) to bring various food and items needed for the Palm Sunday Luncheon on April 8th, 2012. If you haven't received any emails, make sure you have the New Sunday School email address in your contacts (email@example.com). Also, check your spam mail, it might be there. If not, email the Sunday School address mentioned and you will be added to the Sunday School group. Egg Hunt - All that is needed for the Egg Hunt is individually wrapped plastic candy and people to help hide. Keep a look out for those sales prices this year and stock up!
· Mon, Mar. 12 – Fr. Ciprian doing parishioner visitations in homes and nursing homes.
· Tue, Mar. 13 – 6:30pm Philoptochos Meeting
· Wed, Mar. 14 – 1:30pm-3:00pm Nursing Home Visitations at Living Center West (Speak to Elleni H.)
· Wed, Mar. 14 – 4:30pm Children’s Greek School
· Wed, Mar. 14 – 5:30pm PreSanctified Liturgy, 7:00pm Lenten Meal by Kay Escobedo & Helen, 7:30pm-8:30pm Orthodox Education Class (Note: A little help for cleanup will be much appreciated)
· Thu, Mar. 15 – 6:00pm-7:00pm Adult Greek School (On Thursdays until after Pascha)
· Fri, Mar. 16 – 5:30pm-6:30pm 3rd Salutations to the Theotokos Service
· Sat, Mar. 17 – 8:30am-5pm – Metropolis Family Synaxis Lenten Retreat - On Marriage and Family Life: Sixteen centuries later, St. John Chrysostom’s words still ring true - “Your children will always be sufﬁciently wealthy if they receive from you a good upbringing that is able to order their moral life and behavior.” (St. John Chrysostom) – IT IS STILL NOT TOO LATE TO REGISTER – $95/FAMILY includes workshops for kids and babysitting too. Visit www.gocfamilysynaxis.org for more details and speak to Fr. Ciprian if interested. Flyer with more details is available too.
· Sat, Mar. 17 – 5:30pm Great Vespers or Reader’s Service
· Sun, Mar. 18 – Holy Cross Sunday– 9:00am Orthros; 10:00am Divine Liturgy; 11:30am Holy Cross Luncheon by Philoptochos to support Holy Cross Hellenic College
· Sun, Mar. 18 – GOYA Movie & Discussion – We will watch and then discuss the movie “Courageous”. Please answer Julie Frank’s Email so she knows how many people/teenagers to prepare for.
· Sun, Mar. 18 – 5:30pm PAN-ORTHODOX LENTEN VESPERS hosted by OUR CHURCH
· FLOWER DONATIONS – Distinct to Great Lent are our efforts to beautify our worship through the decoration of icons and other holy objects with flowers. The Sign-up list in the Church Hall.
· RAGBRAI (July 22-28) FUNDRAISER – Ragbrai stops in Cedar Rapids on July 26 and this would be a great opportunity to raise funds for the church but we NEED enough people who are willing to organize this before we can commit. So speak to Michael Christodoulou ASAP.
· NEEDS: Prosforo and volunteers to help sponsor the PanOrthodox Lenten Vespers on Sun, Mar. 17.