From 02-27-2011 Sunday Bulletin
Post date: Mar 4, 2011 8:40:43 PM
· TODAY – 2011 SATURDAYS OF SOULS - Please use the provided form to give Fr. Ciprian the list names of departed faithful you’d like commemorated for the 2011 Memorial Services. Thank you to Regina Christodoulou, Angie Panagos, and Eleonora Rieck for offering to make Kolyva.
· TODAY, Feb. 27 at 2:30pm-4:30pm – JOY & GOYA Event at the University of Iowa Museum of Art (125 North Madison St., Iowa City) – The JOY and GOYA groups will join forces to explore UIMA's beautiful museum at the Iowa Memorial Union. Parking is bad in Iowa City campus, we will have to leave the church parking lot today no later than 1:45pm.
· THE MESSENGER – If you haven’t already received the the March-April Issue of the Messenger in your mailbox already, you will receive it soon.
· APOKREATIKO GLENDI last night was plenty of good fun with great food, dancing and excellent fellowship. Congratulations to Kay Escobedo, Elleni Huerter, and Maria Katsiris for a job well done on all aspects of the preparations. Feedback to them is welcome for future similar events. Please submit pictures you have from last night to email@example.com AS SOON AS POSSIBLE or bring Fr. Ciprian your camera or camera card and he’ll copy them to the church computer.
· STEWARDSHIP – Meeting Tuesday or Wednesday. Committee member, check your emails.
· Wed, Mar. 2 – GREEK SCHOOL – 4:30pm Beginners; 5:30pm Conversational; & 6:15pm Adults
· Sat, Mar. 5 - SATURDAY OF SOULS (and Mar. 10) – 9am Orthros; 10:00am Divine Liturgy; 11:15am Memorial Service.
· Sat, Mar. 5 at 11:30am-1:30pm – HOPE PRE-LENTEN RETREAT - The children’s project and activities centered on the Journey of Great Lent will take place in the Church Hall immediately after this Saturday of Souls’ memorial service. The children will be served lunch around noon. We need an accurate head count for food and materials/supplies – PLEASE RSVP with Elleni Huerter.
· Sat, Mar. 5 – 5:30pm Great Vespers
· Sun, Mar. 6 – Cheesefare/Forgiveness Sunday - 9:00am Orthros; 10:00am Divine Liturgy; 11:30am Fellowship by Carmela and Robert Chiafos.
· Sun, Mar. 6 - FORGIVENESS VESPERS at 6:00pm in Des Moines, IA – This service which marks the beginning of Great Lent will be served together with St. George in Des Moines, IA. His Grace Bishop Demetrios will preside over the service. Refreshments and fellowship will follow. Please let Fr. Ciprian know if you’d like to come and are want to car pool.
· PAN-ORTHODOX SOLEMN VESPERS – March 13 to April 10 - These Sunday Evening services during Great Lent now also include the Waterloo and Dubuque parishes. See the Schedule.
· The “Movin’ for McAuley Mall Walk” takes place at Westdale Mall on the morning of Sat, March 12th. Speak to Carrol Chipokas for more details.
· HOME BLESSINGS – Call (or email) Fr. Ciprian to schedule the blessing of your home or business. Calling him on the church number is preferred, so that he can easily place you in his schedule.
· SERVICE OUTREACH COMMITTEE – Our parish is starting a new committee to head our church’s Service Outreach Ministry. This committee will be responsible to formally organize events and opportunities for our parishioners to offer of our time and talents to serve the Cedar Rapids community and/or other surrounding areas. If interested, please contact Fr. Ciprian. A meeting will be scheduled soon.