From 02-20-2011 Sunday Bulletin
Post date: Feb 20, 2011 12:27:58 PM
· TODAY – 2011 SATURDAYS OF SOULS - Please use the provided form to give Fr. Ciprian the names of departed faithful you’d like commemorated for the 2011 Memorial Services.
· TODAY - STEWARDSHIP – If you haven’t already filled out a Stewardship Commitment Card for 2011, please do so a.s.a.p. We are well into February now, and a list of pledged stewards for 2011 will be published in this coming Messenger issue.
· THE MESSENGER – The March-April Messenger Issue will be mailed early this week.
· Wed, Feb. 23 – GREEK SCHOOL – 4:30pm Beginners; 5:30pm Conversational; & 6:15pm Adults
· Sat, Feb. 26 - SATURDAY OF SOULS (Mar. 5 & Mar. 10) – 9am Orthros; 10:00am Divine Liturgy; 11:15am Memorial Service. Thank you to Regina Christodoulou, Angie Panagos, and Eleonora Rieck for offering to make Kolyva. Please use the provided form to give Fr. Ciprian the names of departed faithful you’d like commemorated for the 2011 Memorial Services.
· HOPE PRE-LENTEN RETREAT has been moved from Sat, Feb. 26 to Saturday, March 5.
· Sat, Feb. 26 – 5:30pm Great Vespers
· Sat, Feb. 26 at 6:30pm-11:00pm – APOKREATIKO GLENDI – Tickets for this night of dinner, dancing and camaraderie are sold out – sorry to all that would have liked to come but now can’t due to our limited space. We anticipate a wonderful evening with hopefully lots of pictures to share.
· Sun, Feb. 27 – Meatfare/Judgment Sunday - 9:00am Orthros; 10:00am Divine Liturgy; 11:30am Fellowship by Geistkemper, Wright, Chipokas.
· Sun, Feb. 27 at 2:30pm-4:30pm – JOY & GOYA Event at the University of Iowa Museum of Art (125 North Madison St., Iowa City) – The JOY and GOYA groups will join forces to explore UIMA's beautiful museum at the Iowa Memorial Union. Speak to Michelle Bayouth or Julie Frank.
· Sat, Mar. 5 at 11:30am-1:30pm – HOPE Pre-Lenten Retreat - The children’s project and activities centered on the Journey of Great Lent will take place in the Church Hall immediately after this Saturday of Souls’ memorial service. The children will be served lunch around noon. We need an accurate head count for food and materials/supplies – PLEASE RSVP with Elleni Huerter.
· FORGIVENESS VESPERS – March 6th at 6:00pm in Des Moines, IA – This service which marks the beginning of Great Lent will be served together with St. George in Des Moines, IA. His Grace Bishop Demetrios will preside over the service. Refreshments and fellowship will follow.
· PAN-ORTHODOX SOLEMN VESPERS – March 13 to April 10 - These Sunday Evening services during Great Lent now also include the Waterloo and Dubuque parishes. See the Schedule.
· The “Movin’ for McAuley Mall Walk” takes place at Westdale Mall on the morning of Sat, March 12th. Speak to Carrol Chipokas for more details.
· HOME BLESSINGS – Call (or email) Fr. Ciprian to schedule the blessing of your home or business. Calling him on the church number is preferred, so that he can easily place you in his schedule.