From 02-12-2012 Sunday Bulletin
Post date: Feb 24, 2012 4:49:56 PM
· TODAY – Memorial Service for Ted Dalamaggas (40-days) and Gheorghe Dobre (6 months)
· TODAY – 1:30pm-4:00pm JOY on Roller Skates at Super Skate Roller Skating Rink located at 5100 Northland Ave NE (off Collins Rd. by Biaggi's) – We can car pool from church or meet there at 1:30pm. Adult must accompany child(ren). Cost is $7 per person.
· HOME BLESSINGS – Speak with Fr. Ciprian to schedule your home (or business) blessing.
· Mon, Feb. 13 – Fr. Ciprian will personally deliver beautiful Valentine’s Day Cards made by our HOPE group yesterday to several people of our parish.
· Tue, Feb. 14 – 5:30pm-6:30pm Religious Education
· Tue, Feb. 14 – 6:30pm Philoptochos Meeting
· Wed, Feb. 15 – 1:30pm-3:00pm Nursing Home Visitations at Living Center West (Our visitions team will deliver remaining Valentine’s Day Cards made by our HOPE group)
· Wed, Feb. 15 – 4:30pm Children’s Greek School & 6:00pm Adult Greek School
· Wed, Feb. 15 at MIDNIGHT – Mar-Apr MESSENGER Deadline. Please don’t be late.
· Thu, Feb. 16 – EVENING IN THE EAST Fundraiser by St. Raphael Church at the Old Brick (26 East Market Street, Iowa City) – Tickets sold at the door only: $30 Adults, $15 Students, $65 Families. Appetizers at 5:45 PM & Recital/Lecture at 7PM & Dessert at 8:15PM. Featuring food and silent auction items from Eastern Europe, the Middle East, and other places around the world. The Provocative Recital by Paul Barnes (pianist) explores the intimate relationship between Liszt’s understanding of the sacramental nature of music and Orthodox iconographic tradition.
· SATURDAY OF SOULS – Speak to Fr. Ciprian if you’d like to make kolyva for either of the upcoming 3 Saturdays. Everyone is encouraged to submit names of deceased persons you’d like commemorated during the Memorial Services on All Saturdays of Souls for 2012. Please submit your names to Fr. Ciprian even if you have done so in previous years.
· Sat, Feb. 18 – Saturday of Souls – 9:00am Orthros; 10:00am Divine Liturgy; & 11:15 Memorial Service with commemoration of names.
· Sat, Feb. 18 – 5:30pm Great Vespers
· Sun, Feb. 19 – Judgment/Meatfare Sunday – 9:00am Orthros; 10:00am Divine Liturgy; 11:30am 1year Memorial Service for Constantin Barbulescu; & Fellowship by Christos and Maris Canas
· Schedule of the PAN-ORTHODOX LENTEN VESPERS is on the Bulletin Board. Grab a copy.