From 02-06-2011 Sunday Bulletin
Post date: Feb 20, 2011 2:40:57 AM
· TODAY – FELLOWSHIP FOR 2011 – We’d like to have all or most of the spots filled by you with your preferred Sunday. We’ll have to assign the remaining Sundays by Feb. 15th.
· TODAY - STEWARDSHIP – The year-end donations reports for 2010 have been distributed last Sunday and the rest of them mailed; if you see any mistakes, contact Michael, Nicky, or Fr. Ciprian. Please also take the time to read the enclosed Q&A Flyer. If you haven’t already filled out a Stewardship Commitment Card for 2011, please do so a.s.a.p. A list of pledged stewards for 2011 will be published in the next Messenger.
· THE MESSENGER – Now is the time for all ministry leaders to finalize March and April events with Father Ciprian and submit your details to email@example.com no later than Feb 15th. We’re also hoping to include a couple Lenten Recipes, so please email one or two you’d like to share.
· FEAST DAY OF THE PRESENTATION OF OUR LORD (Feb. 2nd) – Sadly, this year we were one of the many parishes of the Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Chicago that had to cancel services for this Great Feast because of the weather. As prescribed by our hierarch, the parishes that had to cancel, will have services on the Leave-taking (Apodosis) on Wed, Feb. 9th to honor this Great Feast.
· Tue, Feb. 8 – 6:30pm Philoptochos Meeting
· Wed, Feb. 9 – Leave-taking of Presentation of Our Lord – 9am Orthros & 10:00am Divine Liturgy
· Wed, Feb. 9 – GREEK SCHOOL – 4:30pm Beginners; 5:30pm Conversational; & 6:15pm Adults
· Sat, Feb. 12 – 5:30pm Great Vespers & Altar Boy Training
· Sun, Feb. 13 – Publican and Pharisee - 9:00am Orthros; 10:00am Divine Liturgy; 11:30am PHILOPTOCHOS VALENTINE LUNCHEON – Speak to Helen McDonald if you’d like to help prepare some of the foods or desserts.
· Sun, Feb. 13 - TRIODION BEGINS – The first week of the Triodion is completely fast-free even on Wednesday and Friday. Eat up but start mentally preparing yourself for the Great and Holy Lent which is almost upon us.
· Wed, Feb. 16 at noon – Seniors’ Hotel Kirkwood Event – Our group will have lunch at the Class Act Restaurant and then receive a tour of the Hotel. Speak to Edie Yerington for more details and RSVP with her so she has a head count for the lunch reservation.
· Sat, February 26 is the first SATURDAY OF SOULS – 9am Orthros; 10:00am Divine Liturgy; 11:15am Memorial Service
· HOPE PRE-LENTEN RETREAT has been moved from Sat, Feb. 26 to Saturday, March 5.
· Sat, Feb. 26 – 5:30pm Great Vespers
· Sat, Feb. 26 at 6:30pm-11:00pm – APOKREATIKO GLENDI – Tickets for this night of dinner, dancing and camaraderie are sold out – sorry to all that would have liked to come but now can’t due to our limited space. We anticipate a wonderful evening with hopefully lots of pictures to share. If you have any questions, please speak to Elleni Huerter, Maria Katsiris, Kay Escobedo or Fr. Ciprian.
· Sun., Feb 27 2:30pm-4:30pm - JOY/GOYA Event at the University of Iowa Museum of Art (125 North Madison St., Iowa City) – The JOY and GOYA groups will join forces to explore UIMA's beautiful museum within the Iowa Memorial Union. Join us for an afternoon of fellowship and fun!
· Congratulations to our new Parish Council Officers and Members – Parish Council President – Michael Christodoulou; Vice-President – Konstantine Katsiris; Treasurer – Nicole Wright; Secretary – Lance Okones; Members: Frank Dancer, Chris Paxton, Nick Paxton.
· HOME BLESSINGS – Call (or email) Fr. Ciprian to schedule the blessing of your home or business. Calling him on the church number is preferred, so that he can easily place you in his schedule.