From 02-05-2012 Sunday Bulletin
Post date: Feb 24, 2012 4:48:04 PM
· 2012 PARISH COUNCIL – Michael Christodoulou (President), Konstantine Katsiris (Vice-President), Nicole Wright (Treasurer), Lance Okones (Secretary); Chris Paxton (member and treasurer assistant), Frank Dancer (member), Evan Farfaras (member) - Congratulation, good luck, and thank you. Thank you also to Nick Paxton for his years of serving on Parish Council.
· HOME BLESSINGS – Speak with Fr. Ciprian to schedule your home (or business) blessing.
· Tue, Feb. 7 – 5:30pm-6:30pm Religious Education
· Tue, Feb. 7 – 6:30pm Stewardship Committee Meeting
· Wed, Feb. 8 – Meal to Ronald McDonald house in Iowa City – This NEW SERVICE OUTREACH OPPORTUNITY is available to those who would like to volunteer to donate the needed food items, and/or help cook, and/or help serve a meal to the residents of the Ronald McDonald house in Iowa City. Thank you to Michelle Bayouth for allowing us to use her kitchen. We will be serving Taco Soup and the trimmings, a lettuce salad, and dessert. There is a list of needed items posted in the fellowship hall. Contact Regina C. or Edie Y. for details.
· Wed, Feb. 8 – 4:30pm Children’s Greek School & 6:00pm Adult Greek School
· Thu, Feb. 9 – The winner of the CATERING CLERGY RAFFLE: SERVED BY SERVANTS raffle are Matt and Tania Van Dinter and their Meal for 8 will be cooked and served on Thursday, Feb. 9th. As announced before, all the proceeds from this raffle will go to HOMETOWN CARE ENERGY FUND to help families in danger of losing power/heating. If you would like to support this cause, you can still make a donation today (payable to IOCCA).
· Fri, Feb. 10 – SENIORS’ EVENT – Presentation & Fellowship at Mt. Mercy University – Meet at church no later than 2:45pm to car pool to Mt. Mercy Basile Beans Coffee House for 3:00pm. Maria Terzopoulou will give us a small tour and take us to the Lundy Hall for Bill Basler’s lecture on his work and experience with Graphic Design at 4:00pm. Wine and cheese reception will follow at the Art Gallery starting 5:00pm. Optional Dinner at the Cafeteria for $6.75.
· Sat, Feb. 11 – 11:00am HOPE Event - Our HOPE kids will meet at St. John's for a Valentine’s Day Party. We will be constructing Valentine’s Day Cards for the elderly to be delivered by Fr. Ciprian to our home-bound parishioners (during his Monday visitations) and by our Service Outreach Visitations Team to Living Center West residents. We will have a light lunch and Valentine’s Day Treats. Contact Elleni Huerter if interested in helping with the crafts or lunch.
· Sat, Feb. 11 – 5:30pm Great Vespers
· Sun, Feb. 12 – Prodigal Son – 9:00am Orthros; 10:00am Divine Liturgy; 11:30am 40-day Memorial Service for Ted Dalamaggas; & 12noon-1:00pm Philoptochos Valentine’s Day Lunch
· Sun, Feb. 12 – 1:30pm-4:00pm JOY on Roller Skates at Super Skate Roller Skating Rink located at 5100 Northland Ave NE (off Collins Rd by Biaggi's) – We can car pool from church or meet there at 1:30pm. Adult must accompany child(ren). Cost is $7 per person.
· Thu, Feb. 16 – EVENING IN THE EAST Fundraiser by St. Raphael Church at the Old Brick (26 East Market Street, Iowa City) – Tickets sold at the door only: $30 Adults, $15 Students, $65 Families. Appetizers: 5:45 PM & Recital/Lecture: 7PM & Dessert: 8:15PM. Featuring food and silent auction items from Eastern Europe, the Middle East, and other places around the world. The Provocative Recital by Paul Barnes (pianist) explores the intimate relationship between Liszt’s understanding of the sacramental nature of music and Orthodox iconographic tradition.
· Schedule of the PAN-ORTHODOX LENTEN VESPERS is on the Bulletin Board. Grab a copy.