From 01-30-2011 Sunday Bulletin
Post date: Feb 20, 2011 2:39:15 AM
· TODAY – Welcome to the youth (confirmation class) from Lovely Lane United Methodist Church. We hope your exposure to our ancient Christian worship is educational and fulfilling.
· TODAY after the Divine Liturgy we will have the 1-year Memorial Service for Tom Karras. May his soul rest in peace among the saints and his memory be eternal.
· TODAY – FELLOWSHIP FOR 2011 – We’d like to have all or most of the spots filled by you with your preferred Sunday. We’ll have to assign the remaining Sundays by Feb. 15th.
· TODAY at 6:30pm – GUITAR CONCERT featuring Georgian guitarist TARIEL IBERI – This concert will take place at St. George Antiochian Church and it is FREE (free will donations will be accepted to benefit the performer). Light refreshments will be provided. See flyer for more details.
· TODAY - STEWARDSHIP – The year-end donations reports for 2010 will be handed out today by Michael and/or Nicky. Please also take the time to read the enclosed Q&A Flyer. If you haven’t already filled out a Stewardship Commitment Card for 2011, please do so a.s.a.p. A list of pledged stewards for 2011 will be published in the next Messenger.
· THE MESSENGER – Now is the time for all ministry leaders to finalize March and April events with Father Ciprian and submit your details to email@example.com no later than Feb 15th.
· Tue, Feb. 1 – 5:30pm Vespers for the Presentation of Our Lord to the Temple
· Wed, Feb. 2 – Presentation of Our Lord – 9:00am Orthros & 10:00am Divine Liturgy
· Wed, Feb. 2 – GREEK SCHOOL – 4:30pm Beginners; 5:30pm Conversational; & 6:15pm Adults
· Thu, Feb. 3rd at 5:30PM – WOMEN & HEART DISEASE – This presentation will be held by Dr. Elaine Demetroulis at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in the East Room on the 8th Floor of Pappa John Building (take the F Elevator).
· Sat, Feb. 5 – 5:30pm Great Vespers & Altar Boy Training
· Sat, Feb. 5 at 5:30pm-8:30pm – St. Raphael’s Annual Evening in the East Fundraiser - Tickets are $40/adult ($20/students) – Program includes guest speaker Fr. Moses Berry presenting Linking Ancient African Christianity to the African American Experience, Byzantine Chant performed by the St. Raphael Choir featuring guest singer Richard Barrett, Buffet Dinner featuring cuisine from Russia, Greece, Georgia, Romania, the Middle East, and a Silent Auction with items from around the world. See flyer for more details and speak to Fr. Ciprian if you’d like to join him there after Vespers.
· Sun, Feb. 6 – 9:00am Orthros; 10:00am Divine Liturgy; 11:30am Fellowship (Edie & Ken Y.)
· HOME BLESSINGS – Call (or email) Fr. Ciprian to schedule the blessing of your home or business. Calling him on the church number is preferred, so that he can easily place you in his schedule.
· Sun, Feb. 13 – PHILOPTOCHOS VALENTINE LUNCHEON – Speak to Helen McDonald if you’d like to help prepare some of the foods.
· Sat, Feb. 26 at 6:30pm-11:00pm – APOKREATIKO GLENDI – Tickets for this night of Dinner, Dancing and Camaraderie are available for purchase TODAY DURING FELLOWSHIP ($25/each & $15 for children 10 & under). It looks like tickets for this not-to-be-missed fun cultural event ARE SELLING OUT quickly due to our LIMITED SEATING, so purchase your tickets a.s.a.p. For more details, read the flier or speak to Elleni Huerter, Maria Katsiris, Kay Escobedo or Fr. Ciprian.
· Congratulations to our new Parish Council Officers and Members – Parish Council President – Michael Christodoulou; Vice-President – Konstantine Katsiris; Treasurer – Nicole Wright; Secretary – Lance Okones; Members: Frank Dancer, Chris Paxton, Nick Paxton.