· TODAY - GOYA BOWLING – Immediately after Fellowship (about 12:45pm) we will carpool to the Westdale Bowling Center (2020 Scotty Drive SW, Cedar Rapids). Cost is $2.75 for Shoe Rental and $4/game.
· TODAY – ORTHODOX BOY SCOUT SUNDAY – On this Sunday we acknowledge two of our own boy scouts who have completed the St. George Boy Scout Program (Nikalaus Huerter & Nicodemus White) and encourage others who are interested to speak with Fr. Ciprian.
· OUR CHURCH’S TECHY PROJECT, intended to enhance our educational ministries as well as facilitate other administrative needs, is coming along very nicely – thanks to our consistently focused and extremely time-generous Michael Christodoulou for spearheading this months-long project. As of yesterday, Michael and his helpers (Joe Wright, Chris & Nick Paxton, Kosta Katsiris, & Eddie Bohren) successfully installed the screen, the projector, sound, etc. Last but certainly not least, thank you to Carrol Chipokas for offering to use the Dean Chipokas memorial fund to sponsor this valuable project in Dean’s remembrance. Memory Eternal!
· PICTORIAL DIRECTORY 2010 – Thank you to all who have had your picture taken on Fri-Sat (Jan 29-30). Each household that had your picture taken will receive a free directory and one free portrait. Additional directories will be available for purchase at printing cost ($5). If you didn’t have your picture taken, talk to Fr. Ciprian about submitting a personal picture.
· LIFE LESSONS FROM SUNDAY GOSPEL READINGS (2010) – EVERY TUESDAY from 5:30pm-6:30pm (unless otherwise noted) – This in-depth look at the Gospel Readings prescribed by the Orthodox Church for each of the 52 Sundays for 2010 focuses on how to best apply the teachings from these Gospel Readings to our every-day life.
· PHILOPTOCHOS – will meet this Tuesday, February 9th at 6:30pm-8:00pm.
· GREEK SCHOOL – Every Wednesday: Children (4:30pm) & Adults (5:30pm). For the duration of Great and Holy Lent, the adult class will be held at 4:30pm-5:30pm as well, so as to not interfere with the Lenten Wednesday evening program (PreSanctified Liturgies, Meal, & Religious Educ.)
· PARISH COUNCIL – will meet this Wednesday, February 10th at 6:30pm-8:00pm.
· SATURDAY OF SOULS (FEBRUARY 6, 13, 20) – Orthros (9am), Divine Liturgy (10am), and Memorial Service. PLEASE RE-SUBMIT names of Departed/Dead for 2010 using the 2010 form. Thanks to Mary Moscrip, Eleonora Rieck, and Renee Hadjis for making Kolyva for these services.
· SENIORS’ VALENTINE LUNCH and St. VALENTINE PRESENTATION – will be at noon on Sat, Feb. 13 (This Saturday) at Biaggi Restaurant – For details, see the Flyer on the Bulletin Board or ask Edie.
· YOUNG/NEW ALTAR BOY TRAINING – Every Saturday at 5:15pm and during Great Vespers.
· HIS GRACE BISHOP DEMETRIOS will be with us on CHEESEFARE (FORGIVENESS) SUNDAY (FEBRUARY 14). He will preside over Orthros and the Divine Liturgy, be with us for the Philoptochos Valentine Luncheon, and then preside over the Pan-Orthodox Solemn (Forgiveness) Vespers at 6:00pm. St. George and St. Raphael Churches will join us for this beautiful Forgiveness Vespers that starts off the Great and Holy Lent. We need volunteers to help prepare the evening lenten fellowship. The Lenten Meals Sign-up Form is on the bulletin board.
· PHILOPTOCHOS VALENTINE’S DAY LUNCHEON – Sun, Feb. 14 – During this Fundraising luncheon, we get the opportunity to participate in supporting our Philoptochos chapter’s ministries by making a donation. Philoptochos ladies are encouraged to contact Helen Mcdonald about contributing to this Pre-Lenten (NO meat, Dairy Allowed) Lunch preparations.
· MEALS SIGN-UP FORM for the PAN-ORTHODOX LENTEN (Feb. 14 & 28) is on the Bulletin Board.
· THE MESSENGER – This much-awaited and greatly-anticipated Newsletter issue (I know what you’re thinking…) is assembled and labeled and will be mailed tomorrow morning - thanks to our devoted and always-prompt Mailing Team. You can expect it in your mailbox mid-week. Don’t forget to call Fr. Ciprian when you receive it J - what a beautiful day it will be J. Now let’s get ready for the next one. Please email submissions and pictures of recent events to email@example.com or give them in writing to Fr. Ciprian.