Monday, December 31
- Calendars for 2013 are available at the back of the church. Please return unwanted 2012 calendars to the box outside Fr. Peter’s office or to the Church school.
- Church school classes resume today. Middle school meets at 9:00 a.m. Preschool through fifth grade meets after Holy Communion. High school classes will be held on Wednesdays beginning on January 9, 2013, at 5 p.m. Have a happy New Year!
- Trisagion for Dr. Sam (Konstantinos Soterios) Eleftheriou.
Tuesday, January 1
- 6:00 p.m. Great Vespers for St. Basil and the feast of the Circumcision
Wednesday, January 2
- 9:00 a.m. Orthros, 10:00 a.m. Divine Liturgy for St. Basil and the feast of the Circumcision
Friday, January 4
- 5:45 a.m. Orthros and Divine Liturgy for St. Juliana of Lazarevo
Saturday, January 5
- 9:00 a.m. Royal Hours (Paramony) of Theophany
Sunday, January 6 — Great Feast of Theophany
- 9:00 a.m. Orthros and Divine Liturgy with blessing of the waters
- 4:30 p.m. Byzantine chant
- 5:30 p.m. Great Vespers
Monday, January 7
- 9:00 a.m. Orthros; 10:00 a.m. Divine Liturgy and blessing of the waters
- 6:00 p.m. Great Vespers for St. John the Forerunner and Baptist
The fellowship sign-up sheet for 2013 is posted by the kitchen. Please stop by, choose a Sunday, and sponsor one of our beautiful gatherings following the services.
- 9:00 a.m. Orthros, 10:00 a.m. Divine Liturgy for St. John the Forerunner and Baptist
We are still looking for a few donations to cover the cost of the poinsettias. Please contact Michael or Fr. Peter if you would like to help.
- Dues need to be in by the end of the month for 2013.
- January 8: outing at Outback Steakhouse. RSVP to Kay Escobedo 350-9826 by Tuesday, January 1.
Tuesday is January 1, 2013. If you have not filled out a pledge form for 2013, please do so as soon as possible.
As 2012 is drawing to a close, please remember to fulfill your financial stewardship to St. John as soon as possible. Donations dated in 2012 AND received by January 6 will be included in the 2012 reports
His Grace Bp. Demetrios will be with us for the celebration of our parish altar feast. He will be here for both Vespers on Sunday, January 6, and services on January 7.
The outdoor blessing of the water will be Saturday, January 12 at 3:30 pm on the 1st Ave bridge in downtown Cedar Rapids. The parishes of St. George, St. Raphael, and St. John will then concelebrate Vespers at St. George at 5:00 that evening.