posted Feb 26, 2013, 3:53 PM by St. John's Webmaster
Oratorical festival after the Liturgy
The Book Store will be open again on Sunday, February 24, during fellowship. During Great Lent, we take together a journey of prayer, fasting, alms-giving, and learning. The following books are recommended to help us along the way:
Great Lent Journey to Pascha by Fr. Alexander Schmemann
The Lenten Spring by Fr. Thomas Hopko
First Fruits of Prayer: A Forty-Day Journey through the Canon of St. Andrew by Kh. Frederica Mathewes-Green
You may place your order by phone, email or on Sunday at the bookstore. February 24 will be the last day before Lent begins to order books. The book store will again accept orders March 17 through March 31 if you would like to order gifts for Pascha. Books are great basket gifts for children. There are many books about Lent and Holy Week for children of all ages. Also there is a NEW! Holy Week-Easter Service Book by Fr. George Papadeas.
Wednesday, February 27
5:30 p.m. Level 1 Greek school
5:00 p.m. High-school religious education
6:15 p.m. Adult Greek school
Friday, March 1
Saturday, March 2
Sunday, March 3
- If you brought food to Fr. Peter’s family after Timmo’s birth in unmarked Tupperware containers, thank you, and please check the box downstairs in the hall to pick them up.
- The fellowship sign-up sheet for 2013 is posted by the kitchen. Please stop by, choose a Sunday, and sponsor one of our beautiful gatherings following the services.
- If you have not filled out a pledge form for 2013, please do so as soon as possible.
- Donation envelopes are available in the narthex for those who would like to use them.
- All the ladies of the parish are invited to a shower to celebrate the arrivals of the babies of Allison Hadjis and Presvytera Magda, to be held on Saturday, March 9, at 1:00 p.m. at the Dancer home, 3150 5th St., Marion. Please RSVP by Sunday, March 3, to Juliana Dancer or Elleni Huerter.
Please do not double park, or park in the entrance to the parking lot on Sundays. The bank parking lot is available for our use.
In order to accommodate all our parishioners with disabilities, two additional parking spots on the church side will be used as handicapped parking on Sundays. Please be supportive of our fellow parishioners and do not use these additional spots if you can walk to church from a different location.
Please call the office to set up a time to have your house blessed with holy water from Theophany.
Start saving your coins. The Sunday School Coin Fundraiser for the OCMC begins on March 17.