o Calendars for 2013 are available at the back of the church. Please return unwanted 2012 calendars to the box outside Fr. Peter’s office.
o Middle school at 9:00 a.m. Preschool through fifth grade after Holy Communion. High school classes will be held on Wednesday at 5:00 p.m.
· Monday, January 21
o 6:00 p.m. Great Vespers for St. Timothy the apostle
· Tuesday, January 22
o 9:00 a.m. Orthros and Divine Liturgy for St. Timothy the apostle
o 5:30 p.m. Children’s Greek school
o 6:30 p.m. Adults’ Greek school
· Wednesday, January 23
o 12:00 noon – 2:00 p.m. Seniors’ event
o 5:00 p.m. Church school class for high schoolers
· Thursday, January 24
o 6:00 p.m. Great Vespers for St. Gregory the Theologian
· Friday, January 25
o 9:00 a.m. Orthros and Divine Liturgy for St. Gregory the Theologian
· Saturday, January 26
o 4:30 p.m. Byzantine chant
o 5:30 p.m. Great Vespers
· Sunday, January 27
o 9:00 a.m. Orthros; 10:00 a.m. Divine Liturgy
· The fellowship sign-up sheet for 2013 is posted by the kitchen. The next two Sundays do not have a sponsor. Please stop by, choose a Sunday, and sponsor one of our beautiful gatherings following the services.
· If you have not filled out a pledge form for 2013, please do so as soon as possible.
· Donation envelopes are available in the narthex for those who would like to use them.
· We will need prosforo for the following feasts: the Three Hierarchs (Jan. 30), the Entrance of the Lord into the Temple (Feb. 2), and Sunday, Feb 3. If you would like to make prosforo for one or more of these feasts, please contact Fr. Peter.
· Fr. Fred and Khourieh Michelle Shaheen invite all the faithful of St. John the Baptist to be with them for the baptism of Zoe Marie Shaheen on Sunday, March 3 at 3:00 pm at St. George Church in Cedar Rapids. A reception will follow. Please see the sign-up sheet outside Fr. Peter’s door if you would like to come so we can let Fr. Fred know what preparations to make.
· Saturday, February 9, at 3pm we will have a meeting of the Long Range Planning committee. Every parishioner is welcome to the meetings of the committee.
· Please do not double park, or park in the entrance to the parking lot on Sundays. The bank parking lot is available for our use.
· In order to accommodate all our parishioners with disabilities, two additional parking spots on the church side will be used as handicapped parking on Sundays. Please be supportive of our fellow parishioners and do not use these additional spots if you can walk to church from a different location. Thank you.
· Please call the office to set up a time to have your house blessed with holy water from Theophany.