· TODAY – PAN-ORTHODOX LENTEN VESPERS – at 5:30pm will be hosted by St. George Church in Cedar Rapids. Let’s worship and fellowship together over a wonderful Lenten Meal.
· MISSIONS COINBOX DRIVE – Our Sunday School’s effort to support Orthodox missions throughout the world continues. As we do every year, our Sunday School students will bring back their coinboxes every Sunday during Great Lent and do their own mini collection.
· FLOWER DONATIONS – There are still opportunities to contribute to the beautification of our Lenten services by donating flowers and other liturgical items for use during Great and Holy LENT.
· LIFE LESSONS FROM SUNDAY GOSPEL READINGS (2010) – EVERY TUESDAY from 5:30pm-6:30pm (unless otherwise noted) – This in-depth look at the Gospel Readings prescribed by the Orthodox Church for each of the 52 Sundays for 2010 focuses on how to best apply the teachings from these Gospel Readings to our every-day lives. Come and join us!
· LENTEN WEDNESDAY EVENINGS at 5:30pm-8:30pm – Every Wednesday Evening during the Great and Holy Lent starting the Wednesday, February 17, we will serve the PreSanctified Divine Liturgy at 5:30pm, partake of the Lenten Meals prepared by our Philoptochos ladies at about 6:45pm and participate in a Religious Education Class at about 7:15pm; will end at 8:30pm. A solid effort to dedicate these 3 hours weekly will be a worth-while investment in our spiritual development. Please come/see/experience/participate!
· THIS FRIDAY (MAR. 19) at 5:30pm – The AKATHIST SERVICE (the LAST of a series of 5)
· SATURDAY EVENINGS – ALTAR BOY TRAINING during GREAT VESPERS.
· PROGRAM BY THE GREEK SCHOOL – NEXT SUNDAY (MAR. 21) – Both Greek School classes (children and adults) are still meeting at 4:30pm every Wednesday and are presently preparing for a Program for the celebration of the Greek Independence Day.
· THE NEXT & LAST PAN-ORTHODOX VESPERS SERVICE – SUNDAY, MAR. 21 at 5:30pm – This is the last Pan-Orthodox Vespers Service will be hosted by St. Raphael in Iowa City.
· TUE, MAR. 24 – THE LAST LENTEN WEDNESDAY EVENING PROGRAM - Greek School (4:30pm); Annunciation Vespers (5:30pm); Lenten Meal (6:15pm); Religious Education Class (7:00pm-8:00pm). Yes, we will end half an hour earlier than usual.
· THU, MAR. 25 – HOLY ANNUNCIATION – Orthros (9:00am) and Divine Liturgy (10:00am)
· FRI, MAR. 26 at 5:30pm – LENTEN PROGRAM FOR THE YOUTH – Please bring your children (6 to 18 years old) to church this evening. This Lenten program for the youth will include topics about Great Lent, as well as Holy Week preparation for Altar Servers and Myrrh Bearers.
· SAT, MAR. 27 – LAZARUS SATURDAY – SERVICES AND CHURCH CLEAN-UP
· SUN, MAR. 28 – PALM SUNDAY FISH LUNCHEON BY SUNDAY SCHOOL
· SUN, MAR. 28 – Spring Greek Dinner Sign-up Sheet will be posted in the Church Hall.