· PHILOPTOCHOS – A tray (typically passed on the Feast of Sts. Cosmas and Damian) will be passed today to support the Ecumenical Patriarchate programs and charities.
· Fr. Ciprian will be back on full duty Tue, December 1st, 2009.
· SUNDAY SCHOOL – There will be NO Sunday School today due to the Holiday weekend. This is a great opportunity for family worship. We ask that the children do not run around downstairs unsupervised if they need a break. Sunday School will resume on Sunday, December 6th. Sunday School staff and families will be busy on the December 6th and 13th. Please be prepared to stay AFTER fellowship both Sundays. There will be pageant rehearsals, costume fittings and tree decorating. There is a sign-up sheet for Sunday School families & staff to let Julie Frank know what you will bring to the fellowship after the Christmas Pageant on Sunday, December 20th this year. There is no Sunday School on December 27th for Christmas Vacation. Classes will resume on January 3rd.
· GREEK SCHOOL – resumes this WEDNESDAY at the usual times (Children at 4:30pm and Adults at 5:30pm).
· SAT, DEC 5, 2009 at 4:00PM - Parish Council Nominee training
· YOUNG ALTAR BOYS PROGRAM – All our boys who are or will be 6 years and older by the end of this 2009 are invited to come to the altar boys' training during the Great Vespers services every Saturday at 5:15pm. This is a wonderful opportunity and a great way for the younger boys to be trained as altar boys and prepare them to eventually serve during the Divine Liturgy as well.
· HOPE & JOY Joint Event - will take place after Great Vespers on Sat, December 5 at about 6pm. Parents are encouraged to bring the children for Vespers, especially the Altar Boy trainees. This event will include story reading/telling about St. Nick, learning some of our faith's traditions about this wonderful saint, and some gifts will be given as well. Please talk to Elleni Huerter or Michelle Bayouth for more details.
· STEWARDSHIP/ELECTIONS SUNDAY – Sunday, December 6, 2009 immediately after the Divine Liturgy, we will a have a presentation on Stewardship by Julie Frank, our Stewardship committee chairman. Following the Stewardship prayer that will be done upstairs, everyone will be invited to place your completed Stewardship Pledge Form for 2010 in the collection basket; please come prepared. During Fellowship, the Elections will take place in the church hall.
· PARISH FAMILY CHRISTMAS CARD - If you would like your name to appear in the Christmas Card that will be sent to our mailing list with our parish's Christmas wished, please submit your form no later than Sunday, December 6, 2009.
· PARISH COUNCIL – Meeting on Wed, December 9 at 6:30pm immediately after Greek School.
· SAT, DEC 12, 2009 – St. Spyridon – Orthros (9am) & Divine Liturgy (10am)
· ST. NICHOLAS REVEALED – Sat, Dec 12 – 2:00pm-4:00pm at Marion Public Library – This presentation organized by our Outreach and Evangelism committee is looking to share part of our Orthodox heritage and faith to all those interested to learn/hear about it. Therefore, it as been advertised at local libraries, educational institutions, and other businesses, as well as KCRG and KGAN websites. If interested to help our Outreach and Evangelism committee with this event by making lenten cookies and treats please speak to Carrol Chipokas. We look forward to your participation in the event as well.
· ANGEL TREE TAGS – will be placed on the Christmas Tree next Sunday when the tree will be decorated by our Sunday School families. However, if anybody would like to receive one of those tags today, please speak to Sandy Worley. This is a wonderful opportunity to improve the Christmas season for some of the children at Tanager place.
· THE CHRISTAMS BUDDIES will be revealed on Sunday, December 13 and the others on Sunday, December 20 after the Christmas Pageant. The Christmas Buddies project began with the Nativity Fast. Since then our seniors and our Sunday School children been exchanging letters about Christmas memories. The students have been trying to guess who their buddies are, but we will all find out soon enough. You will notice the stockings hanging from the bulletin board in the hall. This is the way they are exchanging letters during this special time of the year.