· TODAY – UPDATE – Another event-filled week with unexpected adventures during our travels to Chicago and back on Thursday. Thankfully and undoubtedly through God’s care, ALL our 6 representatives made it to the anniversary dinner in Chicago and back to Cedar Rapids safe and sound
· TODAY – PHILOPTOCHOS will pass a special annual collection basket, after our regular collection, for their Patron Saints Cosmas and Damianos (Nov. 1st)
· LAST SUNDAY BULLETIN REMINDER ABOUT FALL DINNER – Please turn in all ticket sale income and left over tickets as soon as possible so we can finalize the numbers on this fundraiser.
· CONGRATULATIONS to Nadina and Tom Geistkemper for the blessing of their marriage in the Orthodox Church which was done yesterday, October 30th. The Koumbari were Joe and Nicki Wright.
· Fr. Ciprian will be Defending his Doctoral Dissertation in Las Vegas on Thursday, Nov. 4, 2010 at 1:30pm (3:30pm our Central Time). He’ll appreciate your prayers until then and certainly during his defense as well J He’ll be flying back Sat. morning and in time for our usual 5:30pm Vespers.
· Mon, Nov 1 – Sts. Cosmas & Damianos – 9:00am Orthros; 10:00am Divine Liturgy
· Tue, Nov 2 – 5:30pm-6:30pm – Life Lessons from Gospel Readings Class
· Wed, Nov 3 – Greek Classes - 4:30pm Beginners; 5:30pm Conversational; 6:15pm Continuing
· Thu, Nov 4 – Fr. Ciprian’s Dissertation Defense in Las Vegas (3:30pm till about 6pm Central Time)
· Fri, Nov 5 – 7:00pm Festal Vespers & Artoklasia in Iowa City for their Patron Saint
· Sat, Nov 6 – St. Raphael of Brooklyn - 8:45am Orthros; 10:00am Divine Liturgy in Iowa City
· Sat, Nov 6 – 5:30pm Great Vespers (Young altar boys encouraged to come and serve)
· Sun, Nov 7 – 9:00am Orthros, 10:00am Divine Liturgy; 11:30am Fellowship by Escobedo fam.
· Tue, Nov 9 – St. Nektarios of Aegina – 9:00am Orthros; 10:00am Divine Liturgy
· Tue, Nov 9 – 5:30pm-6:30pm – Life Lessons from Gospel Readings Class
· Tue, Nov 9 – 6:30pm-8:00pm – Philoptochos Meeting
· Wed, Nov 10 – Greek Classes - 4:30pm Beginners; 5:30pm Conversational; 6:00pm Continuing
· Wed, Nov 10 – 6:30pm-8:00pm Parish Council Meeting
· Sat, Nov 13 – St. John Chrysostom – 9:00am Orthros; 10:00am Divine Liturgy
· Sat, Nov 13 – 5:30pm Great Vespers & Altar Boy Training (young boys ages 6 and older)
· Sun, Nov 14 – 9:00am Orthros, 10:00am Divine Liturgy; 11:30AM PHILOPTOCHOS THANKSGIVING LUNCHEON
· Sun, Nov 14 – 5:00pm-7:00pm GOYA Game Night at the Frank Residence
· Sun, Nov 21 – Fall PARISH ASSEMBLY immediately after the Divine Liturgy
· Sun, Dec 5 – ELECTIONS & STEWARDSHIP SUNDAY
· Sun, Dec 19 – CHRISTMAS PLAY & Sunday School Potluck Luncheon
· PARISH FAMILY CHRISTMAS CARD – Please submit the form included in the Nov-Dec Messenger by the specified deadline (the sooner the better).
· PARISH ASSEMLY – This is a good time to make sure that our pledging for the year is up-to-date and that we are good standing so that all can be voting members at the upcoming Parish Assembly.
· PARISH COUNCIL ELECTIONS – As always, the current Parish Council encourages the participation of other stewards of our parish in this important ministry. Carefully read the P.C. Nominations Form included in the Nov-Dec Messenger and consider submitting it to Fr. Ciprian (by Nov. 21st) so as to add your name to the ballot for the 2011 Elections that will take place on Dec. 5th.