· TODAY – FALL GREEK DINNER – October 10, 2010 from 11:00am-7:00pm at the Scottish Right – As usual, please remember to turn in all your ticket income (and unsold tickets) today if you haven’t done so already. As you come to the dinner today to enjoy the food, don’t be shy to lend a helping hand or sign up for a shift as I am sure some positions might still be available.
· TODAY – NO SUNDAY SCHOOL classes because of the Dinner. Classes resume next Sunday.
· Tue, Oct 12 – 5:30pm-6:30pm – Life Lessons from Gospel Readings Class
· Tue, Oct 12 – PHILOPTOCHOS Meeting postponed till next Tuesday, Oct 19 at 6:30pm
· Wed, Oct 13 – GREEK CLASSES - 4:30pm Beginners; 5:30pm Conversational; 6:00pm Continuing
· Wed, Oct 13 – 6:30pm-9:00pm Parish Council & Planning Meetings
· Sat, Oct 16 – 12pm(noon) & 1:15pm JOY Group Event – (lunch & movie) see details below
· Sat, Oct 16 – NO Vespers due to the 100th Year Anniversary in Rock Island
· Sun, Oct 17 – 9am Orthros; 10am Divine Liturgy & Memorial Services for George Dancer and Demos Perantinos; Fellowship by Juliana and Frank Dancer
· Sun, Oct 17 – 3:30pm HOPE Group Event – (Fall Festival) see details below
· CEMETERY ANNOUNCEMENT – October 15th is the day when Murdoch cleans up the cemetery, so be sure to pick up your moveable flower pots or other objects before that day.
· THE MESSENGER for NOV-DEC - Submissions for the Nov-Dec Newsletter are due on October 15th to email address: email@example.com. Please finalize any Christmas information with your committees and Father before then. If you have a submission that is past October 15th you risk it not being published. Thank you for your efforts – Regina Christodoulou.
· “A View from the Bridge” – Our very own Demetrios Hadjis is acting in this play by Arthur Miller this Friday, Oct. 15 and Saturday, Oct. 16 at 7:30pm at Unitarian Universalist Society (10 S Gilbert St. in Iowa City). Tickets can be reserved by calling 319-541-0140. Ticket prices are $12 general, $10 senior and $8 student. Be sure to arrive early for good seats.
· JOY Group (ages 8-12) – Saturday, October 16 – 12pm(noon) lunch at Culvers by Westdale Mall & 1:15pm Matinee “Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole” at Carmike Wynnsong 12. Parents can choose to stay for the movie, but do not have to.
· 100TH-YEAR ANNIVERSARY for St. George Church in ROCK ISLAND – Oct. 16-17 – Met. Iakovos and Archbp. Demetrios will both be present. Details on the bulletin board.
· HOPE Group (ages 7 and under) – Sunday, October 17 at 3:30pm – Striving for a beautiful tomorrow FALL FESTIVAL at Peck’s Green Thumb Nursery located at 3990 Blairs Ferry Rd NE. Meet there right before 3:30pm. Speak to Elleni Huerter for more details.
· SENIOR CITIZENS Group – Friday, Oct. 22nd at 11:30am in the Church Hall – The program is called Staying Healthy for Life and will be conducted by a presenter fromt he Mercy Fitness Center.
· METROPOLITAN IAKOVOS 40/30-YEAR HIERARCHAL ANNIVERSARY – Thu, Oct. 28 at 6:00pm in Oakbrooke Terrace, IL – The goal of the Clergy Syndesmos is to get over 1000 faithful to attend this joyous celebratory event in honor of our hierarch. His Eminence boldly insists, however, that the primary focus of the event be not on him, but rather on the Metropolis Retreat Center so as to increase awareness and hopefully raise the $500,000 in time to begin construction of the Retreat Dormitory in Spring 2011. Please consider making a Dinner Reservation ($125/each) for yourself at this historic get-together of the Metropolis of Chicago. It will be a great opportunity to fellowship with other faithful from our Metropolis while honoring our long standing hierarch and learning more about the progress of our Metropolis Retreat Center – more information and pictures of the Retreat Center can be seen at www.metropolisretreat.org