· PAST EVENT – Pilgrimage to Venerate relics of St. Nektarios at St. John Chrysostomos Monastery and Overnight Stay at our Metropolis’ St. Iakovos Retreat Center. Our group exceeded 30 people (including 9 children) and our experience was priceless.
· TODAY – 40-day Memorial Service for our founders. May their memory be eternal and their souls rest in peace among the saints.
· TODAY – FOUNDERS’ DAY PICNIC & FELLOWSHIP at Bever Park (Red Oak Pavilion) will follow the Memorial Service. As usual, the Parish Council is responsible for organizing the event: main course is provided by the church; side dishes, desserts, and drinks are potluck style. Please don’t forget to bring your place settings and good cheer.
· TODAY – SUNDAY SCHOOL REGISTRATION continues today. Please see Jessica White for your registration form. If you pre-registered online, you still need to complete the entire form. The first day of Sunday school is September 16, 2012. There will be a brief parent-teacher meeting in the Nave of the church immediately following the Divine Liturgy. This meeting will explain the new programs for the school year. Please attend.
· Mon, Aug. 27 – Hospital & Home Visitations of parishioners by Fr. Ciprian
· Wed, Aug. 29 – Beheading of St. John the Baptist - 8:30am Orthros & 9:30am Divine Liturgy
· SUMMER HOURS – Starting Sept. 1st we move back to our regular hours for Orthros and Divine Liturgy (9:00AM ORTHROS & 10:00AM DIVINE LITURGY)
· Sat, Sep. 1st – Ecclesiastical New Year – 9:00am Orthros & 10:00am Divine Liturgy
· Sat, Sep. 1 – 5:30pm Great Vespers
· Sat, Sep. 2 – 9:00am Orthros; 10:00am Divine Liturgy & Fellowship by Dorothea Allans
· Mon, Sep. 3 – Labour Day (we usually enjoy this day by not laboring too much?!)
· Fri, Sep. 7 – 5:30pm Great Vespers for Nativity of the Theotokos
· Sat, Sep. 8 – Nativity of the Theotokos – 9:00am Orthros & 10:00am Divine Liturgy
· Sun, Sep. 9 – 9:00am Orthros; 10:00am Divine Liturgy & Fellowship by the Escobedo Family
· The NEWSLETTER DEADLINE of August 15 has long passed, but we are still missing plenty of necessary submissions. Our editors (Regina, Michael, Father) need all submissions that are going to be in the September-October Newsletter by MIDNIGHT TONIGHT. MINISTRY LEADERS, you know who you are, submit your piece by midnight tonight please.