· TODAY – TRISAGION for Konstantinos and Sotirios (Eleftheriou) and Eleonora’s dad George.
· TODAY – 12:00pm (noon) Orthodox Wedding for Michael and Lindsey Psiropoulos; Michael and Lindsey are inviting the entire Parish Family to enjoy some light refreshments after the Divine Liturgy and then join them for the Wedding Ceremony at 12:00(noon) as well as the Reception that follows (in the Church Hall a little after 1:00pm).
· PAST EVENTS – Our Sunday School Outing was plenty of fun; we enjoyed swimming at Cherry Hill Pool, a barbeque at the cozy Morgan Creek Pavilion, and the children’s play time at the playground. This was a good test run for the pavilion and grounds at the Morgan Creek Park Day Area, which is where we will be for the Founder’s Day Picnic. The JOY Ceramics Project (Part 2) yesterday was cancelled; we will reschedule hopefully during August.
· CONGRATULATIONS! -1) Lindsey Psiropoulos was chrismated into the Orthodox faith. Her patron saint is St. Lydia (the seller of purple goods mentioned in the book of Acts) and her koumbara is Mary Harker. -2) Darrell and Goldie Helgens celebrated their 50-year Anniversary.
· TODAY - SIGN-UP for VACATION CHURCH SCHOOL (Mon, Aug 1 – Fri, Aug 5) – Children need to be 4 years or older to benefit from the curriculum and PARENTS must SIGN THEM UP TODAY. We need an ACCURATE head-count of all the children who will be attending/participating for purchasing materials, etc. We strongly encourage older children (even teenagers) to sign up as well - we have a separate age-appropriate program/curriculum for them.
· Tue, July 26 – 6:00pm-8:30pm – Ladies’ Night Out – Philoptochos is organizing this for ALL ladies of our parish and several are already signed up. Please see the sign up list for more details.
· Wed, July 27 – 5:30pm-6:30pm – LAST Conversational Greek Class for the SUMMER.
· Sat, July 30 – 5:30pm Great Vespers
· Sun, July 31 – 8:30am Orthros; 9:30am Divine Liturgy; 11:00am Fellowship
· SIGN-UP for The Dave Ramsey Financial Peace class PREVIEW – This program has helped many faithful people, and Orthodox faithful alike, to achieve financial peace and stability. If you are even just remotely interested in hearing what the program is about, please sign-up in the church hall and you will be informed/contacted about the PREVIEW DATE which will include a brief introductory video (25 minutes) and some discussion about the nuts and bolts of the class.
· PICTORIAL DIRECTORIES – They are done; they look great; and they are here and available for pick-up J All the families who had their picture taken by Olan Mills will receive a free directory today. We have extras for those who wish to have one for the nominal cost of $5.00.
· AUGUST 1-15 – Dormition Lent; Paraklesis services every Mon/Wed/Fri evenings at 5:30pm.
· Sat, Aug. 6 -1) Holy Transfiguration 8:30am Orthros, 9:30am Divine Liturgy & blessing of Grapes --2) Family Bike Ride will take place shortly after Divine Liturgy and a light brunch. After the Divine Liturgy ad the blessing of graves, everyone is invited to eat brunch together in the Church Hall (bring your own brunch). At about 11:00am we will go for a gentle, kid-friendly pace bike ride down the trail. If help is needed transporting the bikes we can assist, or bikes can be brought to church the night before. RSVP with Elleni Huerter.
· CHURCH BEAUTIFICATION – Our church building is in need of some TLC (Tender Loving Care). One important project is the De-Cluttering of the Church Hall with the extended vision of beautifying it and making it more functional for the multiple purposes we have for it. You may be contacted directly to help, please be responsive.