· TODAY - The following persons need to speak with Fr. Ciprian during Fellowship to iron out details about the upcoming Sunday School Outing in July and Vacation Church School in August: Nicole, Lance, Maria McD., Michelle, Kyrsten, Jessica, Dorothea, Lynsey. The sign-up sheet for Vacation Church School is already available in the Church Hall.
· TODAY – FUNDRAISING COMMITTEE – Meeting during Fellowship.
· SUMMER SERVICE HOURS – ORTHOS AT 8:00AM & DIVINE LITURGY AT 9:00AM. UPDATE: Our Sunday morning church attendance doesn’t seem to have suffered at all as a result of the earlier service time. My only feedback I received so far is that this is great idea. I even got emails from parishioners informing me ahead of time that the reason they would be missing church on Sunday was because they were going to be out of town, but didn’t want me to think that they are missing church because of the earlier time. So, it looks as though the Summer Service hours are here to stay for sure until the end of August.
· APOSTLES’ FAST – May 31 to June 29 – Just one more day of fishy fasting (fish is ok). The Feast to Sts. Peter and Paul (whose Fast is coming to an end) will be celebrated this Tuesday. Join us for the services if you can. St. George priest, deacon, and parishioners will join us.
· TUE, JUNE 29 – Sts. PETER & PAUL – 9AM Orthros & 10AM Divine Liturgy (not 8am & 9am) – Fr. Fred, Dcn. Edmund, and parishioners from St. George will join us for this service. Please come if your schedule allows it.
· LIFE LESSONS FROM SUNDAY GOSPEL READINGS - Every Tuesday 5:30p-6:30pm.
· GREEK DANCING AND CONVERSATIONAL GREEK - Every Wednesday 5:30p-7:00pm
· THU, JULY 1 – ALL YOUTH EVENT - Freedom Festival Balloon Glow at Brucemore - Our Youth of all ages and parents or other are invited to the Brucemore Freedom Festival Balloon Glow. This is an amazing night-time spectacle of fire-lit hot air balloons. Entrance is free with a Freedom Festival button; without it is $3.00. We'll meet at the Washington High School parking lot at 7 PM to take the shuttle to the Brucemore Mansion to enjoy the sights. We hope to have a great turn-out since every age group is invited. The more the MERRIER!
· NATIONAL CLERGY-LAITY CONGRESS – It’s that year and that time of the year again. Fr. Ciprian has been granted special permission from the hierarchs to not attend so that he can use the time to analyze the data he collected for his dissertation research and write up the results. Thus, he will be gone from Friday, July 2 until Friday, July 9. Though he might be out of town for part or this time, he will be serving on Sunday, July 4th. Please note there will be NO Vespers on Sat, July 3 and NO Life Lessons from Gospel Readings on Tue, July 6. Fr. Ciprian will return on Sat, July 10 when Great Vespers will, of course, resume at the usual 5:30pm.
· SUN, JULY 4 - SUMMER HOURS - Orthros at 8:00am; Divine Liturgy at 9:00am & 4th of July Doxology; Fellowship at about 10:30am (Mary Harker).
· MESSENGER & MONTHLY CALENDAR – Regina thanks everyone who submitted announcements for this newsletter issue, as well as those who take care of the mailing. Please note that there is no event on Friday, July 16 and the Sunday School Outing will be on Sunday, July 18. These very minor typos on the Newsletter Calendar page are NOT to be attributed to Regina; Michael or Father (who actually helped her) were surely the ones who did it J J J