· Congratulations to Adam Hadjis and Jasmine Velez on the birth of Harley Gianna this past Wednesday.
· TODAY – 40-day Memorial Service for Dianna Erceg, sister of Angie Panagos and Mary Moscrip.
· TODAY – Last Day to sign-up for the Living Center West Cook Books ($8). Remember the proceeds go to support the Centers Activities Department.
· TODAY – MISSION COIN BOX DRIVE is DONE. It was extended till today in an attempt to help our children meet their goal of $300 (last year we raised over $350). If they reach their goal, the children will receive an ice cream treat during Sunday School. Total will be announced during Fellowship today.
· TODAY – GOYA Ice Skating CANCELLED due to scheduling conflicts and health.
· TODAY – Sun, Apr. 22 – 4:00pm Vespers for St. George in Des Moines, IA – We will be con-celebrating St. George Vespers with our sister church and our very own Fr. Basil Hickman in Des Moines. Fellowship and Refreshments will follow the Vespers service.
· Mon, Apr. 23 – St. George – 9:00am Divine Liturgy will be con-celebrated at St. George Church who invited us to celebrate their Feast Day by also joining together for Brunch after the Divine Liturgy.
· Tue, Apr. 24 – 12noon IOCCA Meeting
· Tue, Apr. 24 – 5:30pm-6:30pm Adult Orthodox Education Class
· Tue, Apr. 24 – 7:00pm Stewardship Committee Meeting
· Wed, Apr. 25 – 4:30pm Children’s Greek School & 5:00pm Adult Greek School
· Sat, Apr. 28 – 3:30pm-5:00pm – LONG-RANGE PLANNING MEETING – It’s been a little while since the last meeting and a special plea goes to all the committee members to book this time into your schedule and come to this meeting. Your participation is important and much needed as we’d like to have something significant to report to the Parish Assembly the next day.
· Sat, Apr. 28 – 5:30pm Great Vespers
· Sat, Apr. 28 – 6:15pm-7:45pm JOY Game Night (RSVP with Michelle B. and bring your favorite game)
· Sun, Apr. 29 – SPRING PARISH/GENERAL ASSEMBLY – The list of Eligible Voters posted in the Church Hall is current as of 4/8/2012 (does not include stewardship donations made in the past couple of weeks). Please check it and if your name is not on it, speak to Fr. Ciprian, Nicole W., or Michael C. We’d like for all parishioners to be in good standing and fully participate in the Parish Assembly. Good standing means that one must have no prior year balances, filled out a pledge form for 2012, and paid 25% of 2012.
· Sat, May 5 – HOPE invites all to TULIP FESTIVAL in Pella, IA – We will leave church at 1:00pm to enjoy the 3:00pm Parade and then con-celebrate Vespers with St. Nicholas Church in Pella, IA
· May 6 – SPRING GREEK DINNER – Do the best you can with Ticket Sales and Sign-up for volunteering positions. PASTRIES: The Baklava will be made on Thu, May 3 at 3:00pm and the kourambiedes (powdered sugar cookies) will be made on Fri, May 4 at 3:00 pm. Come and help/learn. Help will be much appreciated. Eleonora will contact for donations and preparation. All other pasties made in the home, should be brought to church on Sat, May 5 at 5:00 pm so that they can be put in paper cups for Sunday.
· Sun, May 6 services are HALF AN HOUR EARLIER: 8:30pm Orthros & 9:30am Divine Liturgy