· TODAY – PALM SUNDAY – The blessing of the palm crosses and bay leaves will be done immediately after the Divine Liturgy. The PALM SUNDAY FISH LUNCHEON (hosted by the Sunday School) follows; Recommended minimum donation for adults is $5.00/adults and $3 or more for children.
· SUNDAY SCHOOL – There are no Sunday School classes today (or next Sunday). Today is the last day to turn in coins for the Orthodox Christian Mission Center. Children have collected over $350 so far.
· HOLY WEEK SERVICE SCHEDULE – Please place the printed Schedule in a visible spot in your home and come to as many of these services as you can. All evening services are at 7:00pm.
· May-June MESSENGER – is already being worked on and this is the last call for submission. Anything submitted after tomorrow, runs the risk of not being included. This issue will be printed on Bright Monday after the Holy Week pictures have been included.
· PASCHA/EASTER EGG HUNT – Please bring wrapped candy or empty/full plastic Easter eggs for the Easter Egg Hunt that will take place on Pascha after the Agape Services. We will be assembling eggs on Sat, April 23rd after the morning Divine Liturgy. There is a box labeled Easter Candy in the church hall.
· GREEK SCHOOL – No Greek School Classes this Wednesday or Thursday due to Holy Week Services.
· EASTER APPEAL & SPRING PARISH ASSEMBLY INVITATION – You should receive this mailing early this week. Please be generous in your Easter Donation and, if your name is not on the List of Eligible Voters included in the mailing or on the bulletin board, speak to Fr. Ciprian or Nicole Wright.
· SIGN-UP for OPPORTUNITIES to offer of your TIME, TALENTS, OR TREASURY: 1. Lenten Flower Donations for Lenten Services, 2. Liturgical Covers for Altar and other (Please make payments to Philoptochos as soon as possible), 3. Lazarus Saturday Clean-Up, 4. Palm Sunday Fish Luncheon (Sun, Apr. 17) – Contact Person: Elleni Huerter, 5. Spring Greek Dinner (May 15)- Please utilize the sign-up sheet for helping at the dinner. A number of positions are still available.
· Fr. Ciprian will be on Vacation (visiting family in Las Vegas) from Mon, Apr. 25 to Fri, Apr. 29. For urgent matters that need immediate attention during this time, please call 319-804-8502.
· Mon, Apr. 25 – Feast of St. George – Our faithful from St. George Antiochian Church in Cedar Rapids have asked us to join them in the celebrations for the Feast of St. George on Monday, Apr. 25th. The Divine Liturgy starts at 9:00am and food and fellowship will follow. St. George in Des Moines has Orthros at 8:00am and the Divine Liturgy at 9:00am as well.
· Sat, Apr. 30 – 3:00pm-5:00pm Long-Term Planning Committee Meeting