· TODAY – 40-day Presentation of Calix Samuel Karaboitis and Churching of his mother Jessica Mason.
· TODAY – Memorial Service for Alina’s gradfather Platon and Rita’s parents Boulos and Mountaha. May memory be eternal and their souls rest in peace among the saints.
· TODAY – 5:30pm PAN-ORTHODOX LENTEN VESPERS will be at St. Raphael Church in Iowa City.
· Mon, Apr. 2 – 5:30pm Stewardship Committee meeting
· Tue, Apr. 3 – 12noon IOCCA Meeting (Fr. Ciprian doing parishioner visitations in homes and nursing homes)
· Tue, Apr. 3 – 6:30pm Philoptochos Meeting
· Wed, Apr. 4 – 1:30pm-3:00pm Visitations at Living Center West. Speak to Elleni Huerter if you are interested to serve on this visitations team or to support this Nursing Home’s activities department by buying their $8 cookbook (a great addition to any cooks library to spruce up after Pascha non-fasting cooking). Sign up in hall.
· Wed, Apr.4 – 4:30pm Children’s Greek School
· Wed, Apr. 4 – 5:30pm PreSanctified Liturgy, 7:00pm Lenten Meal (Potluck Style), 7:30pm-8:30pm Orthodox Education Class this week will include a little more heavy content in anticipation for Holy Week.
· Thu, Apr. 5 – 6:00pm-7:00pm Adult Greek School (On Thursdays until after Pascha)
· Fri, Apr. 6 – 5:30pm Lazarus Saturday Vespers & Interactive Lecture by Frank Dancer. Please see the handout and also sign your name on the Sign-Up List (need a headcount for the meal that will be provided)
· Sat, Apr. 7 – Lazaros Saturday – 9:00am Orthros & 10:00am Divine Liturgy
· Sat, Apr. 7 – 11:00am Church Clean-up/Decoration & Making of Palm Crosses (PLEASE PLAN TO COME & HELP OUT – meal will be provided)
· Sat, Apr. 7 – 5:30pm Palm Sunday Vespers
· Sun, Apr. 8 – Palm Sunday – 9:00am Orthros; 10:00am Divine Liturgy; 11:30am Blessing of Palms & Palm Sunday Fish Luncheon by Sunday School Staff and Families
· Sun, Apr. 8 – ANNUAL PALM SUNDAY FISH LUNCHEON – The Sunday School Staff and Families invite you to the Annual Fundraiser (suggested minimum donation is $5.00/meal). Join us for a traditional luncheon of breaded Cod, Greek-Style grean beans and potato salad, bread roll and a piece of Lenten chocolate cake.
· Sun, Apr. 8 – 5:30pm HOPE Group Pascha Candle Decoration – Please sign your children’s name on the Sign-Up List as we need to know how many candles (and decorative items) to pre-purchase.
· Sun, Apr. 8 – Sunday School Mission Coinbox Drive ENDS this Sunday. So far this year we collected a little over $115 and still hope to meet our goal of $300 (last year we raised over $350). Please help our children by taking the coin box to work, meetings, etc. – if they reach their goal, the children will receive an ice cream treat during Sunday School. Ask Maria Katsiris for a Box if you haven’t received one already.
· HOLY WEEK SERVICES HAND-OUT is available for all to take home.
· Sun, Apr. 15 – Sunday School Egg Hunt will take place as usual after the Agape Vespers. This is a very fun event for the children. Please bring wrapped candy, plastic eggs (to hide the candy with) and place them in the decorated box above the coat rack. Parents, remember to bring goody bags for the children to place their candy in. If you would like to help with this events' preparations please contact Renee Hadjis.
· Sundays Apr 8 & Apr. 15 – NO SUNDAY SCHOOL – Children to remain upstairs after receiving Communion.
· Sign-Up for Time/Talents/Treasure: Holy Week Myrrhbearers and Altar Servers, Living Center West Cookbook, Flower Donations, Spring Greek Dinner (May 2nd Volunteer Workers)
· Mon, Apr. 16 – Messenger Deadline – Please start to plan your events for May-June now.