· TODAY – 6-month Memorial Service for John Margellos. May his memory be eternal.
· TODAY – Procession/Veneration of the Holy Cross immediately after the Memorial Service. Our Sunday School students will come up to witness/participate in this beautiful Service.
· TODAY – PHILOPTOCHOS HOLY CROSS LUNCHEON – Please support Hellenic College Holy Cross Seminary by donating at during the special collection and coming to the Lunch as well.
· TODAY – 1:30pm-4:00pm GOYA MOVIE & DISCUSSION – Our teenagers will meet at Julie & John Frank’s home (2115 Timber Creek Drive, Marion) to watch, then discuss, the movie "Courageous".
· TODAY – 5:30pm PAN-ORTHODOX LENTEN VESPERS & Fellowship at our Church. Please plan to come and be good hosts by helping with cooking, serving, cleaning, etc.
· Diana Erceg, sister of Angie Panagos and Mary Moscrip, fell asleep in the Lord yesterday morning in Tucson, AZ. Her funeral will be here at St. John’s in Cedar Rapids this Friday, March 23 at 11:00am.
· Mon, Mar. 19 – Fr. Ciprian doing parishioner visitations in homes and nursing homes.
· Tue, Mar. 20 – 12pm-2:00pm SENIORS EVENT – The Seniors’ Group will meet at church and enjoy a brown bag lunch followed by the video from the CBS program 60 Minutes, which featured Mt. Athos and the Archbishop Bartholomew. In depth discussion will follow. Contact Edie Yerington for details.
· Tue, Mar. 20 – 6:30pm Parish Council Meeting
· Wed, Mar. 21 – 4:30pm Children’s Greek School
· Wed, Mar. 21 – 5:30pm PreSanctified Liturgy, 7:00pm Lenten Meal by Carrol Chipokas and Dessie Allans, 7:30pm-8:30pm Orthodox Education Class (Note: A little help for cleanup is appreciated)
· Thu, Mar. 22 – 6:00pm-7:00pm Adult Greek School (On Thursdays until after Pascha)
· Fri, Mar. 23 – 11:00am Funeral of Diana Erceg
· Fri, Mar. 23 – 5:30pm-6:30pm 4th Salutations to the Theotokos Service
· Sat, Mar. 24 - 4:15pm-5:15pm YOUTH STEWARDSHIP - Using Our Three T's During Lent – Our youth (ages 3-18) will meet at church for an hour of lively discussion and activities. We will be exploring the giving of our Time, Talents and Treasure during the unique season of Lent. Parents are encouraged to stay to be a guide for your children. Contact Elleni Huerter for more details.
· Sat, Mar. 24 – 5:30pm Annunciation Vespers
· Sun, Mar. 25 – Holy Annuciation – 9:00am Orthros; 10:00am Divine Liturgy; 11:30am Fellowship by Michelle and John Bayouth.
· Sun, Mar. 25 – 5:30pm PAN-ORTHODOX LENTEN VESPERS hosted by St. Demetrios in Waterloo, IA (613 W 4th St, Waterloo)
· FLOWER DONATIONS – Distinct to Great Lent are our efforts to beautify our worship through the decoration of icons and other holy objects with flowers. The Sign-up list in the Church Hall.
· RAGBRAI (July 22-28) FUNDRAISER – Ragbrai stops in Cedar Rapids on July 26 and this would be a great opportunity to raise funds for the church but we NEED enough people who are willing to organize this before we can commit. So speak to Michael Christodoulou ASAP.
· NEEDS: Prosforo and volunteers to help sponsor the PanOrthodox Lenten Vespers on Sun, Mar. 17.