· TODAY – Congratulations to Anand (Emanuel) Dobre who was baptized Orthodox this morning. His Godfather is Dr. Andrei Popescu and his parents are Drs. Mircea Dobre and Shruti Wilson.
· TODAY – 1-year Memorial Service for Constantine Barbulescu, husband of Sofia Barbulescu. Mayhis memory be eternal and his soul rest in peace among the saints.
· HOME BLESSINGS – Fr. Ciprian would like to wrap up all Home (and Business) Blessings before Great Lent starts. Speak with Fr. Ciprian to schedule your home (or business) blessing.
· Mon, Feb. 20 – Fr. Ciprian doing parishioner visitations in homes and nursing homes.
· Tue, Feb. 21 – 5:30pm-6:30pm Religious Education
· Tue, Feb. 21 – 6:30pm-8:30pm Parish Council Meeting
· Wed, Feb. 22 – 4:30pm Children’s Greek School & 6:00pm Adult Greek School
· SATURDAY OF SOULS – Everyone is encouraged to submit names of deceased persons you’d like commemorated during the Memorial Services on the upcoming Saturdays of Souls for 2012. Please submit your names to Fr. Ciprian even if you have done so in previous years.
· Sat, Feb. 25 – Saturday of Souls – 9:00am Orthros; 10:00am Divine Liturgy; & 11:15 Memorial Service with commemoration of names.
· Sat, Feb. 25 – 5:30pm Great Vespers
· Sun, Feb. 26 – Forgiveness/Cheesefare Sunday – 9:00am Orthros; 10:00am Divine Liturgy; 11:30am 1-year Memorial Service for Androulla Varanou; & Fellowship by Geistkempers & Carrol Chipokas
· Sun, Feb. 26 – 4:30pm GOYA Event at Church. All teenagers of our parish are strongly encouraged to come to this educational hour with Fr. Ciprian and then stay for the Forgiveness Vespers (5:30pm).
· Sun, Feb. 26 – 5:30pm FORGIVENESS VESPERS which mark the beginning of Great Lent.
· Mon, Feb. 27 – GREAT LENT begins with its strict Orthodox fasting guidelines.
· FLOWER DONATIONS – Distinct to Great Lent are our efforts to beautify our worship through the decoration of icons and other holy objects with flowers. The Sign-up list in the Church Hall.
· NO TUESDAY EVENING CLASSES until after Bright Week. Everyone is strongly encouraged to attend as many of the Lenten Services as you can and make an extra strong effort to book your Wednesday evenings for your spiritual growth at church for the next few weeks.
· Wed, Feb. 29 – 4:30pm Children’s Greek School NOTE: Adult Greek School is moving to another day during the Great Lent Period so that it doesn’t conflict with the Presanctified Liturgies.
· Wed, Feb. 29 – 5:30pm Presanctified Liturgy; 7:00pm Lenten Meal; 7:30pm-8:30pm Religious Education Class. Little help for cleanup will be much appreciated by our Philoptochos sponsors.
· Fri, Mar. 2 – 5:30pm-6:30pm Salutations to the Theotokos
· Sat, Mar. 3 – Last Saturday of Souls – 9:00am Orthros; 10:00am Divine Liturgy; & 11:15 Memorial Service with commemoration of names.
· PAN-ORTHODOX LENTEN VESPERS Schedule is on the Bulletin Board. Please grab a copy.