· Happy New Year! 2012 WAL CALENDARS – Please grab one from the Narthex; one per household please. Also, Sunday School would much appreciate your now-old 2011 Wall Calendars for crafts throughout the following year. Please give it Maria Katsiris.
· SUNDAY SCHOOL – NO classes: New Year’s Day (1/1), Feast Day Lunch (1/8). Resume 1/15
· Mon, Jan. 2 – Fr. Ciprian doing visitations and offering communion in homes of parishioners.
· Tue, Jan. 3 – 5:30pm-6:30pm Religious Education
· Wed, Jan. 4 – 1:30pm Visitations to Living Center West (Meet there or speak to Elleni Huerter)
· Wed, Jan. 4 – 4:30pm Children’s Greek School & 6:00pm Adult Greek School
· Thu, Jan. 5 – 9:00am Royal Hours for Theophany
· Thu, Jan. 5 – 5:30pm Theophany Vespers
· Fri, Jan. 6 – Theophany/Epiphany - 9:00am Orthros; 10:00am Divine Liturgy; 11:15am Great Blessing of the Water (Indoors)
· Fri, Jan. 6 – 5:30pm Festal Vespers for St. John the Baptist
· Sat, Jan. 7 – Synaxis of St. John the Baptist – 9:00am Orthros &10:00am Divine Litugy
· Sat, Jan. 7 – 1:00pm Bishop Anthony will present on the subject “How the Baptism of Christ Redeems the Whole Creation” at St. Raphael’s Church in Iowa City
· Sat, Jan. 7 – 3:30pm Outdoor Blessing of the Water by IOCCA in Iowa City by the Iowa River Power Company; 5:00pm Hierarchal Great Vespers at St. Raphael Church followed by Potluck Fellowship.
· WONDERFUL WAY TO DONATE TO LOCAL CHARITIES – The IOCCA clergy are putting on our CATERING CLERGY hats and together will prepare and serve a dinner in the home of the winner of our Raffle. Dinner will be for up to 8 adults and will be prepared and served on either Thu, Feb. 9 or Fri, Feb. 10, 2012. Ticket sale income ($35/one, $60/two, $25/each for 4 or more tickets) will go to benefit local charities. The drawing is scheduled for Jan 7, 2012.
· Sun, Jan. 8 – His His Grace Bishop Demetrios will join us in celebration of our Church’s Feast Day. Orthros and the Hierarchal Divine Liturgy will start half an hour earlier and the Parish Council Oath of Office will follow the Divine Liturgy. Our Feast Day Lunch and the cutting of the Vasilopita will take place in the our Parish Hall immediately after the Oath of Office.
· Sun, Jan. 8 – 8:30am Orthros; 9:45am Hierarchal Divine Liturgy & Oath of Office followed by Our Feast Day Lunch and the Vasilopita.
· Tue, Jan. 11 – 6:00pm THE ANNUAL PHILOPTOCHOS CHRISTMAS PARTY will be at the Vernon Inn (6:00pm Cocktails & 6:30pm Dinner). All Philoptochos members, prospective members and significant others are all invited, but please RSVP with Kay Escobedo for reservations.
· Sat, Jan. 14 – 4:15pm YOUTH STEWARDSHIP KICK-OFF – All youth from our church, and their parents are invited to the first bi-monthly series on Youth Stewardship. This first lesson will be an introduction to the youth, getting acquainted with stewardship, and becoming more like Christ Jesus, with the decisions we make. The event will be focused on youth, ages 3-18, but parents, please stay, to help guide your children. There will be a lot of new information shared about this exciting new program. The youth stewardship documentation scrapbook will be introduced. Contact Elleni Huerter for information.
· UPCOING EVENTS – All Youth Sledding Event (Jan. 15, 1:30pm); Seniors’ Group Event in our Church Hall (Mon, Jan. 16, 1:00pm – Sts. George/John churches together – Musical program by Rob Nassif, who is an instructor of music and has composed several Broadway shows. Fellowship over desserts will follow.